1-Minute Test - Kindle Rouse [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
kindlerouse

Post by kindlerouse » November 27th, 2018, 7:12 am

I recorded this sample using Audacity, with Windows, and a M-Audio microphone. I was in a bit of a rush, but I think it still stands. :D

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_kindlerouse.mp3

I look forward to hearing back from the powers that be!

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » November 30th, 2018, 5:59 am

hello and welcome to the forum and wow, I really loved your narrative of the fat cat. :mrgreen: so funnily recited, excellently fitting the mood of the poem. I also love your voice and the obvious pleasure you're having recording that shines through. Already I look forward to hearing more from you. :D

I don't suppose this is a public domain text yet though, or is it ? If it was published before 1923, you could immediately offer it in our monthly poetry collection, but it sounds more modern to me.

Volume, bitrate and background noise are all fine and LV standard. There is only one thing that needs correcting and that is that your recording is in Stereo, but we need it in Mono.

No need to re-record, it's very easy to convert a stereo recording into mono in Audacity, please do the following to your test:

> go to Tracks
> select Stereo track to Mono (your two "windows" will merge into one --> that's mono)

to change the setting permanently, go to Edit / Preferences / Devices and check that the Channels are set to "1 (Mono)".

Could you please reupload the corrected test in this same thread so I can have a second look ? Then I'm sure all is fine and you will be ready to record your first section this weekend. :9:

Sonia

kindlerouse

Post by kindlerouse » November 30th, 2018, 12:04 pm

Sonia,

Thank you! Your comments made me so happy!

I apologize for missing the mono requirement! I have made that change and re-uploaded my minute test.

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/LibriVox_1-Minute_Audition_-_Kindle_Rouse.mp3

The poem isn't in the public domain, unfortunately. I was simply looking for a fun, silly poem that could help me get my recording to the one minute mark. :lol:

And I should probably let you know that in my recordings, I typically utilize the normalize, noise removal, and amplify effects to lend clarity to the audio.

I'm excited to start contributing to this project!

~Kindle

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » November 30th, 2018, 12:07 pm

kindlerouse wrote:
November 30th, 2018, 12:04 pm
I'm excited to start contributing to this project!
well then let me not hold you up any longer, your recording is in MONO now and here's your shiny OK on the test. :clap:

I really hope that you are drawn one day to one of the projects I'm prooflistening. I'll see you around !

Have fun with your first section.

Sonia