One minute test - Ingrid Kennedy [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
Ingrid

Post by Ingrid » November 26th, 2018, 8:03 pm

Hi folks,

Recovereing from a cold, but i could not resist making an attempt at doing this! How does it sound please? Lots of feedback most welcome!

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/charlesbabbage.mp3

I am not sure if this URL is live so please tell me what I must do to make it so.

Thank you!
Ciao!
Ingrid

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » November 27th, 2018, 1:27 am

Hi Ingrid, a warm welcome to the forum and thanks for starting with a one-minute test. Already I love your accent and your way of narrating. :thumbs: You sound like you have fun, so this is totally the place for you.

The technical aspects are all LV standard, nothing to change there. As for the volume, you are barely inside our accepted range (from 86 to 92 dB maximum) - you are at 86.1 ;) so while it's inside the range and would get accepted, 2 or 3 dB more would put it into the perfect average of 89.

But for the test it is totally fine, so I give you your OK on the first go :thumbs: I see you are eager to start :mrgreen: So have fun with your very first section in any of the projects here on offer. And maybe I hear you soon in one of the projects I'm prooflistener for.

Good luck recording !

Sonia

Ingrid

Post by Ingrid » November 27th, 2018, 3:42 am

Hi Kitty,

Wow! Thank you! I'll give it another shot tomorrow, and see how I can increase the dB level.

Now the fun starts!

Ciao!
Ingrid

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » November 27th, 2018, 3:44 am

Ingrid wrote:
November 27th, 2018, 3:42 am
Wow! Thank you! I'll give it another shot tomorrow, and see how I can increase the dB level.
do you use Audacity ? It's easy to increase the volume there, with the Edit / Amplify function.

Or you can maybe boost the mic input from the start, see if you have a toggle on the mic to boost it, or in Audacity, if you see this little mic icon, put the slider bar all the way up to the + sign.

Good luck. But no need to re-do the test, you have your ok :)

Sonia

Ingrid

Post by Ingrid » November 27th, 2018, 5:02 am

Ah, thank you Kitty, and yes, using Audacity, and will try this tomorrow.
:-) :D

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » November 27th, 2018, 5:43 am

I saw your post for Afrikaans in the other thread and yes, if you have a clearly public domain source (needs to be published before 1923), then you can post it over in the Multilingual Project: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=72162

I am the prooflistener there and I have never listened to anything in Afrikaans. Please don't speak too fast so I can follow along with the text :lol: I already checked a Dutch text, so I am hoping it is a bit similar at least.

Before you record anything, make sure your source is PD. Best post the link in the thread and ask for advice. Project Gutenberg is a good source, also Hathitrust or archive.org, because on the scans you see the copyright page.

Sonia

Ingrid

Post by Ingrid » November 27th, 2018, 4:24 pm

Hi Sonia,

Awesome thank you and shall do!

Ciao,
In3