The Chinese Union Version (CUV) (Chinese: 和合本; pinyin: héhéběn; Wade–Giles: ho2-ho2-pen3; literally: "harmonized/united version") is the predominant translation of the Bible into Chinese used by Chinese Protestants, first published in 1919. The text is now available online. The CUV was translated by a panel with members from many different Protestant denominations, using the English Revised Version as a basis and original manuscripts for crosschecking. Work on the CUV began in 1890 and was completed in 1919, with one amalgamated classical Chinese translation and one vernacular Mandarin translation. With the onset of May Fourth Movement, and the associated New Culture Movement, the CUV is the second translated work to be published in Vernacular Mandarin Chinese.
The CUV in use today is the vernacular Mandarin Chinese version, published in two slightly different editions—the Shen Edition (神版) and the Shangti Edition (上帝版)--differing in the way the word “God” is translated.
上海在華傳教士大會中決議，翻譯用的原文底本是英國出版的《修訂版聖經》(Revised Version) 所用的原文底本。Revised Version (1885)又稱《英國修訂本》(English Revised Version)，其新約希臘文底本，是當時最新的 Westcott and Hort (1881)。不過，據尤思德博士的研究，《和合本》的譯者在參考Westcott and Hort (1881)之餘，有時卻用回古老的《公認經文》(Textus Receptus) ，即1611年出版的《英王詹姆斯譯本》(King James Version) 的底本。
This project is looking for prooflisteners. A DPL (Dedicated Proof Listener) would be preferred, but until one is found, we need prooflistening for completed sections.
Project thread: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=71982
Please post in the project thread if you can help with proof-listening. [/color]
Level of PL: Standard
- Does the intro match the one specified in the first post of the project thread (below the Magic Window)?
- Are there any long silences or pauses that ought to be edited out? If so, note the time.
- Are there any stumbles or repeats that ought to be edited out? If so, note the words and the time.
- Is there excessive background noise, a constant hiss or buzz that detracts from the reading?
- Did you need to turn your volume up unusually high to listen to the recording? (Or did you find the recording too loud?)
- Does the ending match the one specified in the first post of the project thread?
- Are there 5 seconds of silence at the end of the file?
New to prooflistening? Please read this FAQ.