One-Min Test

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
NatashaFisher

Post by NatashaFisher » October 11th, 2018, 9:36 pm

Hello!

I moved and reestablished my recording space. Here is my one-minute test again to make sure that my new recording space is set up properly. Thanks!
I'm using Cubase Ai software on Windows with (I believe) an analog studio condenser microphone plugged into a digital audio workstation. I'm still learning how to configure and use it, so I'm looking forward to your feedback. Thanks! :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_NatashaFisher.mp3

Cordially,
Natasha Fisher

moniaqua

Post by moniaqua » October 16th, 2018, 12:24 pm

NatashaFisher wrote:
October 11th, 2018, 9:36 pm
Here is my one-minute test again to make sure that my new recording space is set up properly.
It is :thumbs:

Only, if your new space provides something you can rest your hands safely on, use it. ;) Checker complained about noise although the recording itself is indeed really clear. Backdraft of good equipment - you hear about anything (guess, why I know? ;) ).

Best thing to do is, put all in place, start to record and then just don't move any more. Well, more or less. I love to read with an ebook-reader as it doesn't rustle and has no fan.

NatashaFisher

Post by NatashaFisher » October 17th, 2018, 8:08 pm

Thank you!

Yes, my new mic is ridiculously sensitive. :? When I first set up my equipment, I could hear everything. I did a few one-minute tests, but I really need to take your advice and also try to dampen my recording closet more. :) Thank you!

Cordially,
Natasha