One Minute Test

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
remainder

Post by remainder » October 11th, 2018, 12:02 am

Here is my one minute test;
https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_remainder.mp3

Recorded using Audacity on Linux, and an USB mic!

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » October 12th, 2018, 1:02 am

Hi there and welcome to the forum ! :D

thank you for starting out with a one-minute test. Always good to check the technical settings first befora launching into a lengthy recording.

Well your reading voice and narrative skills are already very agreeable to listen to, so that's already a big bonus. The basic technical settings are also LV standard. Perfect.

We only need to amplify the recording, because the volume is too low. We accept between 86 and 92 dB, but yours is barely 84. This is easy to amplify in Audacity, please do the following:

> highlight your recording
> go to Effect
> go to Amplify
> input 6 (in your case now) in the first slot (amplification dB)
> press ok

Then there is some noticeable background noise, which now of course also got amplified by 6 :? so we need to do one round of noise cleaning:

> select a small portion where you don't speak (usually at the end of your file)
> go to Effect - Noise Reduction
> first select Get Noise Profile
> then highlight the entire recording
> again Effect - Noise Reduction
> now select OK

could you do those two corrections to your recording please, no need to re-record, I'd rather you learnt the ropes to use the Audacity tools. Then post in this same thread so I get notified and can have another listen.

Thank you

Sonia