One minute test

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
Artglassgirl

Post by Artglassgirl » October 10th, 2018, 5:28 pm

Artglassgirl

Post by Artglassgirl » October 11th, 2018, 8:57 am

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » October 12th, 2018, 12:50 am

hello Artglassgirl, welcome to the forum :)

I just had a listen to your test and your reading and voice is very nice to listen to.

I merged your two posts into this one thread so we keep everything together in one place to avoid confusion.
My notes will refer to your second test now, posted in the second post right above this one.

The technical specs are all correctly set, nothing to change there.

Only one thing which needs changing is the volume that is too loud. We accept between 86 and 92 dB, yours exceeds at over 97 dB :shock: That is why excessive clipping has occured, meaning the spikes get cut of and this may distort the sound. Some parts of your recording are a bit scratchy, that's due to clipping.

Make sure you check your input volume on your microphone or in your recording programm. If it's cranked all the way up, it would be a good idea to slide it a bit down ;)

Could you please decrease the volume on this second file by -7 db and reupload in this same thread (don't start a new thread or I won't get notified) ? Then I can have another listen.

Thanks

Sonia