1-minute test [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
YelenaH

Post by YelenaH » October 9th, 2018, 7:11 am

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_yelenah.mp3

Hello, here is my one minute test.

It was recorded with Audacity 2.3.0, on Windows 7 with a USB microphone by Trust.

Looking forward to your comments and suggestions.

Thanks.

moniaqua

Post by moniaqua » October 9th, 2018, 11:52 am

Welcome at LibriVox, Yelena :)

All tech specs ok on the first try :clap: So this is your first PL ok :)

Hop over to readers wanted and have some fun recording.

Watch your "s" a bit, some of them came out a bit sharp :) And I think you could try to do a little bit less of noise reduction; you have such a wonderful warm voice, it is a pity if it's harmed.

Oh, and if you ever happen to have a recording that has to high peaks, so that you can't amplify into the right volume range (and there are more interesting texts than Peter Piper ;) ), keep in mind that you can de-amplify with a negative number or use compressor :)

YelenaH

Post by YelenaH » October 9th, 2018, 1:04 pm

Hello Moniaqua,
Thank you for your compliment and for your suggestions; I didn't use any noise reduction though as in the guidelines it was advised against doing any modifications to the test recording in order to get the right feedback on what must be adjusted.
I did notice that when I record my "s", like you said, are a bit sharp even though I didn't hear it in this particular piece, so I'm going read the instructions on how to deal with this problem again and see if I can avoid or at least minimize it.
thank you again :D

moniaqua

Post by moniaqua » October 9th, 2018, 1:25 pm

YelenaH wrote:
October 9th, 2018, 1:04 pm
I didn't use any noise reduction though
Hmm, strange, do you maybe have a microphone with built-in noise-cancelling or something like this?

Anyway, you are ready for LibriVox and there's plenty to do :)