My One Minute Test [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
taylorplives

Post by taylorplives » October 2nd, 2018, 9:25 pm

here's the link :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/1_minute_test.mp3

I made this using Audacity for Windows, and with an analog microphone. I also have an usb mic that I can use if this one doesn't seem to be recording properly

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » October 4th, 2018, 2:35 am

hello and welcome to LibriVox, Taylor. Good thing to start out with a one-minute test and I see you did your homework, because all the technical settings are correct. :thumbs:

Your narrative qualities are also perfect to listen to and follow along, so you'll be a great addition to the forum. I hope you record many many sections :9:

The only thing I may mention is that your volume is right at the upper limit of our accepted range. We accept between 86 and 92, with a preferred average of 89 dB. Yours is currently at 92 on the dot, so it would be accepted but don't get any louder. ;) Some 2 or 3 decibel less would make it perfect.

There is a handy plug-in for Audacity to assess your volume, if you like to install it:
Replay Gain plugin for Audacity: - http://forum.audacityteam.org/download/file.php?id=4668

1. Save the file to your computer - your desktop or somewhere where you can easily find it.
2. Now browse to the folder in which Audacity is installed. It's probably in C:\Program Files\Audacity) and then open the Plug-Ins folder.
3. Drag the file you saved into the Plug-Ins folder.
4. When next you start up Audacity, you will be able to select the whole recording (Ctrl+A on Windows), then go to Analyze | ReplayGain, and it'll tell you how much to amplify your file to get to about 89 dB.
In any case, nothing to change on your test now. Here's your well deserved OK for the test. You are ready to roam the forum and participate in any projects on offer here.

Have fun and maybe one day I'll hear you in one of my prooflistening projects. :)

Sonia

taylorplives

Post by taylorplives » October 10th, 2018, 8:44 pm

Thank you so much!! I'm looking forward to recording as much as I can :D
You're right, I did my homework lol I even downloaded the checker. I will download the plug-in you recommended as well!
I will be around so you'll most likely run into my voice again haha thanks again!