[OK]1-Minute Test for JNFletcher

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
jnfletcher

Post by jnfletcher » September 21st, 2018, 4:18 pm

This is my 1-minute test. I used Audacity on Windows with a USB mic and auphonic.
https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_jnfletcher.mp3

-J.N.

moniaqua

Post by moniaqua » September 22nd, 2018, 1:54 am

Welcome at LibriVox, JN :)

Tech specs are fine and well read :clap: That is your first PL ok, go record some more interesting stuff than Peter Piper ;)

You might want to work on the noise a bit; I trust you that you can handle it on your own but of course you may also come back here and ask if you prefer that.

jnfletcher

Post by jnfletcher » September 22nd, 2018, 6:31 am

Thank you for the feedback, I'll work on noise.
-J.N.

audiomike

Post by audiomike » September 22nd, 2018, 8:38 am

I fail to hear any noise problems listening with good headphones. The noise floor is better than -50db, which is more than adequate.

moniaqua

Post by moniaqua » September 22nd, 2018, 8:57 am

audiomike wrote:
September 22nd, 2018, 8:38 am
I fail to hear any noise problems listening with good headphones.
I wouldn't have mentioned it if I hadn't heard it. ;) Only to make sure that there is no misunderstanding: the test is marked ok. Checker sometimes acts strange on marking background noise, in both ways. I mentioned the noise because some people like to know.
I agree, the file is totally acceptable for me, that's why it is marked ok. With my other earphones, or maybe some years later, I might not notice the noise as well. Now I did. Giving the reader a chance to decide for me also means to tell him or her.