1-minute test [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
MaxRusenko

Post by MaxRusenko » September 18th, 2018, 5:11 am

Hi, this is Max with a test recording. Any advice on sound quality and/or performance will be immensely appreciated!

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test2_maxrusenko.mp3

This was recorded with Sony Sound Forge using Windows 7 and a Blue Yeti microphone.

Thanks in advance for you help! :D

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » September 20th, 2018, 9:10 am

Hi Max, welcome to the forum and sorry for letting you wait so long. Your test was super well read and all the technical settings are correct :thumbs: I also have a Blue Yeti and it has a very clear sound, I love it.

You'll get your official OK straight away.

I loved your voice and intonation and you have a wonderful expressive way of narrating. I could well imagine you in our drama group, if you feel a thespian urge in you one of these days. :mrgreen:

In any case...you're ready to roll. Good luck with your first recording and maybe one day I'll hear from you in one of my projects. :)

Sonia

MaxRusenko

Post by MaxRusenko » September 20th, 2018, 10:09 am

Thank-you so much for your kind response and feedback, Sonia. It would be an honor and a pleasure to work on one of your projects. I love acting, so I'm hoping that my enthusiasm will translate well into narration.

Have a fantastic day! :D

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » September 20th, 2018, 10:14 am

MaxRusenko wrote:
September 20th, 2018, 10:09 am
It would be an honor and a pleasure to work on one of your projects. I love acting, so I'm hoping that my enthusiasm will translate well into narration.
wonderful :9: I was hoping you would say that.

Well this is what we currently have on offer in the drama forum: viewforum.php?f=27

If you check out almost all of Todd's plays, chances are high that I will be the prooflistener there :mrgreen:

Hopefully one or more of the roles are to your liking !

Or else, since I am in the advertising business now anyway :oops: if you like to read short prose texts, this is another of my current projects: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=71519 and some sections are still available. It's the World History in 15 volumes. We are currently at Volume 4 about Greece and Rome.

Have fun

Sonia