Newbie Needs Test Feedback [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
LingheartArdsonrich

Post by LingheartArdsonrich » October 10th, 2018, 5:30 am

My pleasure. Honestly, it was one of the best I have heard. I am an English student; I would really appreciate my books even more if someone like you read them.

I understand your confidence issues. I personally would love to read a book on here, and it has been a dream of mine to read The Jungle by Upton Sinclair. I absolutely love its message about rights and equality. I think it really made a change in the world. I recently lost both of my parents and came down with a systematic infection. I can't talk properly until my treatment improves. I tried and failed to record some of it already. However, it makes me so happy that people like you are out there to spread books like this in audiobook form. You have no idea how important your volunteering is and how impactful it is to others. You are a voice that guides others through books that will stand the test of time. You give people like myself hope.

Yes, don't worry about my above post. I provide lots of statistics that were not on the requirements. I just thought that it may be useful in some way or another for you to know the properties of your clip. I thought that giving an in-depth look would really help you on your journey. I felt since I was unable to read at the moment that I could at least help others read. The only issue was, I think I messed up. I didn't really know how to "critique" people because I am not used to doing it. I always look at the good. I wrote the paragraph of how your test went in third-person (impersonal) in the hope that you would not take it personally - because you were great :). I was so scared of offending you. I am deeply sorry if I did.

I don't want you to feel insecure or strive for perfection. I want you to feel like you can express your voice to the best of your ability because I care about you being able to express yourself. I mean that. However, I'm a student, so please take everything I say lightly. I have a lot to learn, as we all do. Life is a journey. With regards to your experimenting, I usually zoom in on the clip as much as I can. I cut out just the part I am worried about right down to the smallest second. I use the zoom and clipping tool on Adobe to do this, and there are other ways as well. You are always welcome to send your clips to me, and I will edit anything that you are worried about to the best of my ability. However, as admin has said, these are not mandatory by any means. They are just additional things that may or may not help.

Again, best of luck on your audiobook journey :)

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » October 10th, 2018, 5:37 am

LingheartArdsonrich wrote:
October 10th, 2018, 5:30 am
I personally would love to read a book on here, and it has been a dream of mine to read The Jungle by Upton Sinclair. I absolutely love its message about rights and equality.
we have this book already in our database: https://librivox.org/the-jungle-by-upton-sinclair/ in case you want to listen to it.

That does not mean you cannot read it again. We have choice of voice on Librivox, meaning, each volunteer can bring in their own version of a book if they wish. We probably have about a dozen versions of Pride and Prejudice, for example.

Good luck, so that maybe one day you can make your dream come true and read it. :D

But you do not have to be a reader to help out here, we are also in need of prooflisteners and CD cover creators for example. I am sure you will find your niche. Just read around the forum a bit and ask questions if anything is unclear.

Sonia

MLC13

Post by MLC13 » October 10th, 2018, 2:19 pm

LingheartArdsonrich: Please PLEASE don't worry—NOTHING you said offended me. And I'm grateful for your kindness & your help.
--Marylou