1-Minute Test

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
MicheleGeren

Post by MicheleGeren » September 13th, 2018, 6:08 pm

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » September 15th, 2018, 12:17 pm

Hello Michele, welcome to LibriVox and thank your for your test.

It would have been helpful to include what microphone or recording program you are using, so I could give you more informed feedback.

Well, first of all, your reading is very nicely paced, easy to understand and follow along, that's already one major bonus in audiobook recording.

The technical settings however need some major corrections before they are up to LV standard.

1) your recording is in Stereo but we need it in Mono. Since I don't know what program you use, I can not give you a step-by-step at this point. But there must be somewhere in your settings a convert stereo to mono function

2) you volume is only at 80.7 dB which is not loud enough. We accept between 86 and 92 dB. So you need to amplify with some 8 db to get to a good average.

3) your bitrate is ~107 kbps variable, but we need 128 kbps constant. Also these settings should probably be found in your export to mp3 function.

If you are using Audacity, I can give you the easy step-by-steps. If you are using another program, we may need to ask for further help if you are not used to the program yet.

Please try to correct these settings and reupload in this same thread so I can have another look. If you need more help, we'll figure it out somehow, don't worry. There's always someone here who knows more about these things than we do. :mrgreen:

Sonia