1-minute Test [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
mcmagbasa

Post by mcmagbasa » September 9th, 2018, 11:28 am

Good day,

I am new here and I'm delighted to join the LibriVox community. Here is my 1-minute test recording using Windows 10, Audacity and a USB Samson Go Mic.

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_mcmagbasa.mp3

Any feedback on how to improve the recording is appreciated. Thank you and I look forward to making some contributions in the near future.

Mitzi
Mitzi

kathrinee
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by kathrinee » September 10th, 2018, 9:42 pm

Welcome and thank you for your test!

All the technical stuff is spot on, well done :thumbs:

The volume is a little tiny bit high -- we aim for 89dB and accept volumes between 87 and 91dB. Your test is around 92dB. It is easy to adjust the volume a little bit in Audacity: select the whole recording. Click Effect > Amplify and amplify by -1. Click OK and export the recording again.

Please upload your new test, and you'll be recording for real in no time. Thank you :9:
Kathrine

Fairytales in Danish, Swedish, or Norwegian

mcmagbasa

Post by mcmagbasa » September 11th, 2018, 7:22 pm

Great news! Thank you Kathrine.
Here is my updated test recording with the volume reduced per your feedback. Hope it works.

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_mcmagbasa.mp3

Thanks again.

Mitzi
Mitzi

mcmagbasa

Post by mcmagbasa » September 13th, 2018, 9:17 am

Hi! Just following-up on my updated test above. I’m looking forward to doing some real recordings soon. Please advise. Thanks!

Mitzi
Mitzi

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » September 16th, 2018, 3:59 am

mcmagbasa wrote:
September 13th, 2018, 9:17 am
Hi! Just following-up on my updated test above. I’m looking forward to doing some real recordings soon. Please advise. Thanks!
Mitzi
yes Mitzi, I just had a listen to your test and all the technical settings are correct, the volume is ok, and you are ready to record for real. This test is officially OK.

Have fun with your first project :D

Sonia

mcmagbasa

Post by mcmagbasa » September 16th, 2018, 7:51 am

Excellent! Thank you Sonia. :D