Exodus (Greek ἔξοδος exodos "departure, expedition, procession") is the second book of the Hebrew Bible, and the second of five books of the Torah (the Pentateuch).
The book narrates the Exodus of the children of Israel out of Egypt: Moses leads them through the wilderness to Mount Sinai. There the God of Israel, through Moses, gives the Hebrews their laws and enters into a covenant with them, by which he will give them the land of Canaan (the "Promised Land") in return for their faithfulness. The book ends with the construction of the Tabernacle.
In Hebrew the book is called Šemot שמות "names", from the incipit, in line with the other four books of the Torah. The Greek name originates with the Septuagint translation of the 3rd century BCE, and has continued to be used in all subsequent Latin and English translations of the book.
(Summary from Wikipedia)
This project is looking for prooflisteners. A DPL (Dedicated Proof Listener) would be preferred, but until one is found, we need prooflistening for completed sections.
Project thread: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=31730
Please post in the project thread if you can help with proof-listening.
Level of PL: Special - Standard plus checking tech specs
- Does the intro match the one specified in the first post of the project thread (below the Magic Window)?
- Are there any long silences or pauses that ought to be edited out? If so, note the time.
- Are there any stumbles or repeats that ought to be edited out? If so, note the words and the time.
- Is there excessive background noise, a constant hiss or buzz that detracts from the reading?
- Did you need to turn your volume up unusually high to listen to the recording? (Or did you find the recording too loud?)
- Does the ending match the one specified in the first post of the project thread?
- Are there 5 seconds of silence at the end of the file?
New to prooflistening? Please read this FAQ.