1-Min test (plus one second, haha).

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
JHarvey

Post by JHarvey » June 22nd, 2018, 12:12 pm

Here's a link; this should be somewhat like what my recordings would sound like. I did this well over a week ago and may have tweaked my volume settings a little, but this shouldn't be drastically different.

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/testjharvey1.wav

Galaneth

Post by Galaneth » June 22nd, 2018, 12:38 pm

This sounds pretty good, but I'm not an admin :P I'm pretty sure they'll tell you to make sure you save your file as an MP3 format like it stated in the rules (unless the rules are outdated). Also, I could hear some background static, which I'm not entirely sure how to get rid of. If you're using Audacity, you could highlight a selected static area, then get noise profile, then highlight the project, then repeat noise reduction. I normally record and edit radio theatre so I'm used to music or sound effects playing over the background static :lol: I'm not entirely sure if that 100% gets rid of static or if you'll always have it depending on the mic you have.

JHarvey

Post by JHarvey » June 22nd, 2018, 12:43 pm

I see, and thanks! At first I looked for Audacity on the Windows store but didn't find it, then realized today that it's not located there :roll: I'll hopefully be able to download that and touch up on my recording a little more. Thanks for the feedback! :D

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG » June 22nd, 2018, 12:56 pm

Yeah, needs to be an MP3.

Here's the Audacity download link: https://www.audacityteam.org/download/windows/
You will also need the LAME MP3 encoder. There's a link on the same page.

For when you get Audacity, you'll need to adjust it to record in mono rather than stereo. To change all future recordings, go to Edit, Preferences, Devices. Under Recording, change Channels to "1 (Mono)". (This recording is in stereo.)

Volume is too low on this, but you'll probably want to wait and figure that out in Audacity.
Fiction, partly about jail atrocities: It Is Never too Late to Mend
E E Cummings' time in French prison: The Enormous Room
Three Mile Island Accident Report