One Minute Test [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
catland

Post by catland » June 13th, 2018, 1:45 pm

Here is the link to my test audio:

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/test_catland.mp3

Thank you,
Cathy Orlando

tovarisch

Post by tovarisch » June 13th, 2018, 1:58 pm

Hello Cathy,

Thanks for the test. :)

The exported parameters of the MP3 are all good! :thumbs:

The volume needs to be higher. Checker (you can download and install that software) tells me that the volume is 76.6 dB, and we need 89 (or anywhere between 87 and 91) dB. You could amplify your recording, but then the background noise (probably from the electronics of your microphone) would also be amplified, which will call for a Noise Reduction pass, if you're up to it.

See if you can find a control to give a bit more gain to your microphone. That would make your recording louder, and we could deal with noise (if any) next. OK?

When you have another MP3 file, run it through Checker, see if you get green from it. Re-upload and post a reply here.

Hope to hear you soon! :)

P.S. By the way, please upload your test to 'tests-tests', not 'knotyouraveragejo'.
tovarisch
  • reality prompts me to scale down my reading, sorry to say
    to PLers: do correct my pronunciation please

catland

Post by catland » June 13th, 2018, 7:10 pm

Hi, Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad to learn how to get my audio settings correct and use the checker - I believe this file should be better. The Checker says it checks out. Here is my upload https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/test_catland.mp3
Many thanks!
Cathy

tovarisch

Post by tovarisch » June 13th, 2018, 7:32 pm

Perfect, Cathy! :thumbs:

You are now ready for LibriVox.

An admin will stop by to mark this thread with an OK, and you can already visit our "Readers Wanted" forums and join a group project or a couple.

Happy recording! :)
tovarisch
  • reality prompts me to scale down my reading, sorry to say
    to PLers: do correct my pronunciation please