Said to be the first-ever gay youth novel, this 1891 story follows the adventures of 12-year-old Gerald Saxton embarking on a trip from New York, to meet his father in Nova Scotia. He is chaperoned by 17-year-old Philip Touchtone. During the trip, their steamer sinks, they are shipwrecked, and marooned on an island. In addition, a shady antagonist is stalking the two. And while all this is happening, a friendship of mutual affection develops between the boys (nothing explicit). (Donald Cummings)
This project is looking for prooflisteners. A DPL (Dedicated Proof Listener) would be preferred, but until one is found, we need prooflistening for completed sections.
Project thread: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=70401
Please post in the project thread if you can help with proof-listening.
Level of PL: Standard
- Does the intro match the one specified in the first post of the project thread (below the Magic Window)?
- Are there any long silences or pauses that ought to be edited out? If so, note the time.
- Are there any stumbles or repeats that ought to be edited out? If so, note the words and the time.
- Is there excessive background noise, a constant hiss or buzz that detracts from the reading?
- Did you need to turn your volume up unusually high to listen to the recording? (Or did you find the recording too loud?)
- Does the ending match the one specified in the first post of the project thread?
- Are there 5 seconds of silence at the end of the file?
New to prooflistening? Please read this FAQ.