Kelly5 test [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
Kelly5

Post by Kelly5 » May 18th, 2018, 6:21 pm

moniaqua

Post by moniaqua » May 19th, 2018, 12:20 am

Good morning Kelly,

welcome at LibriVox :)

Wonderful reading. :clap:

Almost all tech specs are fine; the really only thing is the volume. It is at 85 dB; we need 89 dB within a range of 86 dB to 92 dB. You can adjust it under Effects - Amplify. You can check it with ReplayGain or Checker.

Also the files could benefit from light noise cleaning, under Effects - Noise Reduction. It is really not bad at all; I did two wipes with standard setting (for perfection you could play around a bit with the settings :) ).

As I have the impression that this was the raw file anyways and you can deal with it I think I can give you OK for hopping over and record all the sections you are interested in :thumbs:

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina » May 19th, 2018, 12:31 am

Passing through to mark the thread OK!

Welcome to Librivox, Kelly! The volume is marginally low, so I think that when reading an actual text, which is interesting and exciting, your voice will automatically read louder :mrgreen: bringing you within the desired volume range. So it's good to have a tool to measure the volume each time to check if it needs amplification or not.

Have fun!