1 minute test, thanks!

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
IrishSarah

Post by IrishSarah » May 15th, 2018, 2:05 pm

Hi there,

I've just completed my one minute test - I would love some feedback. I'm using Audacity on a Mac OS Sierra with and a Rode NT1-A with Scarlett Solo interface. I've not treated the audio in any way as the suggestion was not to do this for the test, but I can hear some mouth noises I'd like to work on removing later with any other changes needed.

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_irishsarah.mp3

Thanks so much for any advice,

Sarah

Lmnei

Post by Lmnei » May 16th, 2018, 6:15 pm

Hi Sarah -

Your recording was wonderful! It passes all the tests so welcome to Librivox! :clap:

Just a couple of minor pieces of feedback on your recording - we generally look for .5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of a recording and 5 seconds at the end. Between sentences there generally is no silence - in some places you have up to 2 seconds.

There is no need to re-do your recording - these are just notes to keep in mind for your future recordings :)

Lynda

IrishSarah

Post by IrishSarah » May 20th, 2018, 1:58 pm

Hi Lynda,

Thank you so much for listening and checking, and for the advice regarding greater silences at the beginning and end and none in between sentences. I will take that on board :D

Looking forward to getting started!

Sarah