test ajackson [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
ajackson

Post by ajackson » January 13th, 2018, 11:24 pm

sorry.. forgot to say that I'm using Audacity.. and a Turtle Beach digital headset mic. I believe I have used the recommended settings. Thanks ahead for your feedback!
https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_ajackson.mp3

MagicMan

Post by MagicMan » January 14th, 2018, 1:28 am

Good morning. Everything passed except your volume. It needs to be between 86 and 92dbs with 89dbs being the target. You need to increase your volume by 4dbs. Once you do that, please resubmit your test into this same thread. I have a link in my signature that will walk you through this process if you need any help. If you have any questions, just ask.

ajackson

Post by ajackson » January 14th, 2018, 4:13 pm

corrections made.. I raised the recording volume 4 dbs as suggested, however the wave form looked similar. So, I increased it more. Please let me know if it is too much. Thank you!

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/oneminutetest_2.mp3

MagicMan

Post by MagicMan » January 14th, 2018, 6:13 pm

Good evening. I have some short videos in my signature that will show you how to set up audacity for LibriVox. According to replaygain and mp3 gain, you barley met the requirements by 0.2dbs. You will also need to do some noise reduction as it may come into question when you start recording for distribution. I will be back on-line in 3hrs. If you have any questions, please ask. As far as meeting the LibriVox 1 min test requirements, your test can be marked OK.

ajackson

Post by ajackson » January 15th, 2018, 7:00 am

Hello... I was going through the video.. setting up audacity for the test.. and after i downloaded replay gain and enabled it, there is no Nyquist under plug-ins.. hence no replay gain.. what do i do?

ajackson

Post by ajackson » January 15th, 2018, 7:04 am

correction.. there is no Nyquist under Analyze.. so i can't choose that option.. Replay gain is ENABLED.. and there is a Nyquist Prompt ENABLED.. But there is no Nyquist or Nyquist Prompt under Analyze

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG » January 15th, 2018, 7:28 am

The ReplayGain plugin moves around and hides depending on the version of Audacity you are using.

Look under Effects for ReplayGain. Or under Effects for Nyquist, then ReplayGain under that.
Or look under Analyze for ReplayGain (not hidden in a Nyquist menu).
Original journals on the Exploration of the Mississippi: Here
Fiction, partly about jail atrocities: It Is Never too Late
Watergate Report, volume 2: Here

MagicMan

Post by MagicMan » January 15th, 2018, 7:33 am

OK, I promise you, this is not your fault! Many others have had a problem getting replaygain to work in audacity. Please tell me what version of Audacity you are using. Open audacity, go to help, then help and then about, you will see the version there. There are certain versions of audacity that just went haywire and you may have that version installed.

So, my next comment is to make sure you upgrade to the latest version. Recheck everything you watched in the video and we will go from there. If that does not work, the next piece of information you need to provide me is your operating system information. Go to this website and copy the information in the very first paragraph and paste it back into this thread. Everytime you update this thread, I will be notified every 15 mins. I will do my best to respond back to you ASAP. :thumbs:

EDIT: I cross posted with the above poster.

ajackson

Post by ajackson » January 15th, 2018, 7:39 am

ok..thanks. I'm using version 2.2.1

ajackson

Post by ajackson » January 15th, 2018, 7:43 am

ok.. i found replaygain.. it was under effects and i had to scroll down

MagicMan

Post by MagicMan » January 15th, 2018, 7:46 am

OK you seem to have the latest stable version. Now, what operating system are you using? Please bear, (Polar bear that is) with me, we will get this resolved.

MagicMan

Post by MagicMan » January 15th, 2018, 7:47 am

Thanks @TriciaG. Good looking out. GREAT!! Now follow the video and let me know. I will be standing by!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :thumbs:

ajackson

Post by ajackson » January 15th, 2018, 7:55 am

Your OS is Windows 10* 64-bit

ajackson

Post by ajackson » January 15th, 2018, 7:56 am

what should my channel mode be?