New 1 Minute Sound Test [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
rensampang

Post by rensampang » January 11th, 2018, 10:57 am

Hello,

Let me know what I need!

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_rensampang.mp3

Thank you.

tovarisch

Post by tovarisch » January 11th, 2018, 11:07 am

Hello Renee,

Welcome to LibriVox! Great to have you with us. :thumbs:

Thank you for the test. It's all good, so all you need is to go to our "Readers Wanted" forums and find yourself a group project to join.

An admin will stop by to mark this thread with an OK, so you don't need to do anything in this thread anymore.

You are ready for LibriVox. :clap:

Happy recording! :)
tovarisch
  • reality prompts me to scale down my reading, sorry to say
    to PLers: do correct my pronunciation please

moniaqua

Post by moniaqua » January 11th, 2018, 11:18 am

Welcome at LibriVox, rensampang :)

Bitrate is fine at 128 kbps
Recording is in mono, that's fine, too
Sample Rate is right at 44100 Hz
Volume is at point

So, those specs are all perfect :thumbs:

What might perhaps be addressed might be
- the background noise (I don't have checker; maybe I am a bit too sensitive). It can be made better with the noise reduction tool of Audacity, if you use that program (effects - noise reduction):
First get the noise profile on a small sampel noise only
Then do noise removal again, this time the whole recording marked and press ok. I did two brushes with 6 instead of 10 dB Noise reduction on your recording.
- there were some plosives. You can avoid them when you don't speak straight into the microphone but in an angle just to the left or right of the mic. And a good pop-filter can help to. If you use a headset experiment with putting the mic higher or lower.

But I trust you that you can deal with it on a (first time maybe short) recording, so hop over and have some fun :) This test can be marked as ok

edit: tovarisch came to the same conclusion while I was writing :) I just leave my message in case you want to make your recording even better and remove the noise ;)

rensampang

Post by rensampang » January 11th, 2018, 1:57 pm

Thanks so much! I will use this on future recordings.