1 minute test for feedback [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
Caro23

Post by Caro23 » January 10th, 2018, 5:45 pm

MagicMan

Post by MagicMan » January 10th, 2018, 6:01 pm

Hello and welcome. Your audio is exported in a 192kbps and it needs to be at 128kbps. Your volume needs to be pumped up, amplified by 24dbs. If you use Audacity I have a link in my signature that will walk you through this process. If you use something else, please let me know and I will hook you up. Please make these changes and resubmit your new test back to this thread. If you have any questions, pleas ask away.

annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise » January 10th, 2018, 6:25 pm

Getting the test uploaded is great. :thumbs:
Have you checked your welcome email - it does have most links you will need - if you've lost it , the same thing is available in the Guides for listeners & volunteers linked top of page. We do realise that different people find using different approaches work for them so you can pick what suits you and ask if you have any problems.
Remember - this is not an audition , just a chance to tweak your recording to match cataloguing before you have a live recording -
So try matching the tech bits , and post here - if you give us some idea of your software and your mike type , it will help give targetted advice.

Anne
Our objective is to make all books in the public domain available, for free, in audio format on the internet. - Hugh McGuire.

MagicMan

Post by MagicMan » January 10th, 2018, 7:20 pm

annise wrote:
January 10th, 2018, 6:25 pm
Getting the test uploaded is great. :thumbs:
Have you checked your welcome email - it does have most links you will need - if you've lost it , the same thing is available in the Guides for listeners & volunteers linked top of page. We do realise that different people find using different approaches work for them so you can pick what suits you and ask if you have any problems.
Remember - this is not an audition , just a chance to tweak your recording to match cataloguing before you have a live recording -
So try matching the tech bits , and post here - if you give us some idea of your software and your mike type , it will help give targetted advice.

Anne
Thanks for the added advice. I am sure this will help get them through the one min test. :thumbs:

Caro23

Post by Caro23 » January 11th, 2018, 5:49 pm

Thanks for the feedback!

Here's take 2:

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/oneminutetest2.mp3

Caro23

Post by Caro23 » January 11th, 2018, 6:06 pm

I did not try using Replay Gain on take 2. So I did a take 3 with that process applied. Just in case:

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/oneminutetest3.mp3

MagicMan

Post by MagicMan » January 12th, 2018, 1:19 am

Good Morning. Both 2 and 3 passed with flying colors!! Your test can be marked OK. I have a link in my signature that will help you find a project. Have fun!!