1 Minute Test [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
Pixxol

Post by Pixxol » January 9th, 2018, 1:53 pm

Hello! Here is my audio test:

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_pixxol.mp3

It took a few attempts to get this one, the upstairs neighbors apparently make enough noise to be heard on the recording. If anyone has tips for how to reduce ambient noise, I'm all ears! :mrgreen:

-pixxol

MagicMan

Post by MagicMan » January 9th, 2018, 2:18 pm

Welcome! You passed all the requirements and your test can be marked OK. Your voice is very soothing. As far as picking up the neighbors, I have the same problem. I went to a dynamic mic and cut it out 100%. What mic are you using?

Pixxol

Post by Pixxol » January 9th, 2018, 2:52 pm

Ah, thank you! I used to do telephone interviews for work and developed a phone voice that's very different than my talking voice, which is about an octave higher, lol!

Anyway, I have a generic gaming headset/mic, but was looking into maybe buying a dedicated mic if they are better at not picking up background noise. My headset also picked up the mouse clicks from a PC on the other side of the room! I saw some on amazon that looked like they'd do a good job for under 100, any brand or model suggestions?

MagicMan

Post by MagicMan » January 9th, 2018, 2:57 pm

The ATR 2100 Dynamic is great for this. They sent me one to review, knowing they would never get it back. LOL. It is both a USB as well as an XLR. I was so impressed, I went to my local guitar center and bought 7 more. $79.00. I use them for round table interviews to avoid mic bleed.

Pixxol

Post by Pixxol » January 9th, 2018, 3:17 pm

Awesome! Thank you! :)