1-minute test [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.

Post by morpheus2969 » December 7th, 2017, 2:18 pm

Hi LibriVox Friends!

I'm a newbie and just uploaded a 1-minute test. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test ... us2969.mp3

LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » December 9th, 2017, 7:00 am

Hello Cleon (sorry, did I hear your name correctly ? it's quite an unfamiliar name to me)

thank you for your test file. I extremely love the warm tone of your voice :9: and your fluent yet calm way of narrating. I am already hoping you will claim loads of files in projects I prooflisten so I can hear more of you (I know, shamelessly selfish of me :mrgreen: )

I will mark your test OK immediately. Our checker program flagged a high level of background noise, but I actually couldn't hear anything disturbing with my earphones, so I will override that verdict in this case. In doubt, trust your ears. Maybe you could check for some source of noise in your surroundings. Alternatively if you do one round of noiscleaning in Audacity, that background noise will pass the test as well.

This is done with the following step-by-step:

> select a small portion where you don't speak (usually at the end of your file)
> go to Effect - Noise Cleaning
> first select Get Noise Profile
> then highlight the entire recording
> again Effect - Noise Cleaning
> now select OK

you can try it if you wish and reupload your test so I can have a second listen. But it's not necessary, since I gave you the pass on your test anyway. You're ready to engage in your first real recording. I hope you find some interesting project to get started :D

Have fun on the forum !!!

Post by morpheus2969 » December 11th, 2017, 7:43 am

Thank you for your amazing comments Sonia!

I did not apply any signal processing to my recording. I can certainly do that the next time.