test test test--one minute test [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
randomeddy46

Post by randomeddy46 » December 5th, 2017, 6:15 pm

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_randomeddy46.mp3 Here is my "one minute" test. Your feedback would be greatly appreciated. I've used a Blue Yeti mic, Windows 7 and Audacity.

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » December 8th, 2017, 1:01 am

Hello Nelson and welcome to the forum

I extremely love your warm voice, it's so agreeable to listen to :9: so I hope you will be reading plenty of books for LibriVox soon :mrgreen:

Your test was almost perfect, the only thing that needs to be adjusted in the settings is the bitrate. Yours is 107 kbps variable and we need 128 kbps constant. You can change the settings in Audacity while exporting to mp3:

> go to File / Export Audio
> open Options in the lower right corner
> select the following settings: Bit Rate Mode: Constant / Quality: 128 kbps / Channel Mode: Joint Stereo
> press Ok

This is set only once and then Audacity is saving it for future use until you manually change it again.

Could you please adjust the bitrate and reupload the same test once again, so I can check ? The rest was fine, so no need to re-record anything.

Thanks

Sonia

randomeddy46

Post by randomeddy46 » December 8th, 2017, 8:24 am

Sonia, Thank you so much. Will do. For some reason I've been unable to log on to the uploader this morning, so I'm trying/waiting for that problem to resolve. Nelson

randomeddy46

Post by randomeddy46 » December 8th, 2017, 8:41 am

OK, Sonia. This should be my test file with the correction: https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test ... eddy46.mp3. Thanks, again. Nelson

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » December 8th, 2017, 9:06 am

yes excellent, now all is in order :thumbs: and I can mark the test OK

super, so you can go ahead and choose your first project to get involved in. Have fun recording and we may see (or rather hear) from each other again in some project one day :D

Good luck !

Sonia

randomeddy46

Post by randomeddy46 » December 8th, 2017, 9:11 am

Yea! Thanks for your help. Nelson