1 minute test [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
Avialle

Post by Avialle » December 1st, 2017, 12:41 pm

Hi,

I've just completed my 1 minute test and would really appreciate someone giving it a listen. I'm new to audacity, so I'm not sure I have all the settings correct (i've followed lots of guides from the site).

So my set-up is:

Software: Audacity
O/S: Windows 10
Mic: Logitek headpones/mic - although I'm planning to upgrade soon

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_avialle.mp3

Many thanks
Avi

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » December 6th, 2017, 2:23 am

Hello Avi, welcome to the forum

at first glance I thought you were Availle (another LV reader). I predict, people may confuse you two from time to time ;)

Well, to your test recording, it passes all LV criteria :thumbs: so I can mark it OK straight away. Congrats. Your reading is also very nicely paced and clearly understandable.

As only suggestion for improvement, I would say, watch out for some "peaks" in your voice, where you speak a tad louder than the rest of your recording. You can see those in Audacity, the high peaks sticking out from the rest. If you keep the voice a bit more level overall, it's easier to amplify the volume if ever needs be without clipping off the peaks. In this case it was not necessary, I only mention it, since one day you may have to amplify.

Well, you are ready to roll. Have fun on the forum and enjoy your first real recording :)

Sonia

Avialle

Post by Avialle » December 6th, 2017, 3:27 am

Kitty wrote: at first glance I thought you were Availle (another LV reader). I predict, people may confuse you two from time to time ;)
Ah, yes - I can see how that may get confusing! :hmm:

Thanks for listening, and thanks for the tips :D

Avi