1 minute test [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
CarriRenee

Post by CarriRenee » November 29th, 2017, 5:30 pm

:clap: yay I made a teast recording- obviously I have no idea how to pronounce librivox.... I'm hoping someone will correct me

EDIT- I can't believe I forgot the link...
https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test.mp3

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » November 30th, 2017, 12:33 am

Hi CarriRenee :) welcome to the forum

the last sentence in your test made me chuckle :mrgreen: Thanks for putting a special highlight into the rather boring text (because I heard it so many times already).

Well, congratulations, you pass your test on the first go :clap: All the technical settings are correct, volume is inside the norm, background noise almost non-existent. I can mark this test OK straight away.

On top of that, your reading and diction is quite nice and clearly understandable. Looking forward to hearing more from you.

As for pronouncing LibriVox, there is no general consensus, I have heard many versions already. I myself frequently record in English, German and French and in each language, I pronounce the word differently, more according to what I would think sounds more accurate for me according to the pronunciation of that particular language. The way you said it (barring the looong dragged L at the beginning :mrgreen: ) is the version I hear most on here, I'd say. I myself say it like that in English.

And don't worry, once you have recorded this Librivox disclaimer half a dozen times, you'll recite it in your sleep and it will come out without hesitation. 8-) It happened to all of us. :lol:

Well, have fun on the forum and I hope you find a nice project to start with. If there are still questions, don't hesitate to ask. Someone is always bound to be around and have an answer.

Sonia

CarriRenee

Post by CarriRenee » November 30th, 2017, 6:50 am

Yayyyyy!
This is gonna be fun :)