1 minute test, Wolfen32 [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
Wolfen32

Post by Wolfen32 » November 29th, 2017, 6:20 am

Here is my one-minute test. I am a new volunteer to the forums. Any feedback is appreciated. Thank you.

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_Wolfen32.mp3(1)_.mp3

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » November 29th, 2017, 6:58 am

Hi Wolfen :) welcome to Librivox and thank you for starting with a one-minute test

Concerning your reading, all is well, you speak clearly and enunciate well, so all is perfectly understandable. :thumbs: Good material for audiobook narration.

Concerning your technical settings, we have to tweak two things, so that your file is "LV standard".

1) your file is in Stereo but we need Mono. Do you use Audacity ? If so, you can change it easily:

> go to Tracks
> select: Stereo Track to Mono

2) your bitrate is variable 115 kbps, but we need constant 128 kbps. These settings are changed before exporting to mp3.

> go to File / Export Audio
> open Options in the lower right corner
> select the following settings: Bit Rate Mode: Constant / Quality: 128 kbps / Channel Mode: Joint Stereo
> press Ok

Can you do these two changes and reupload your file once again so I can have a second look ? Please post in the same thread, to keep it all together in one place.

Sonia

Wolfen32

Post by Wolfen32 » November 29th, 2017, 5:13 pm

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » November 30th, 2017, 12:21 am

yes thank you, this passes all requirements. I'm glad you managed to change the settings :thumbs: From now on these settings should be saved in Audacity automatically, so you needn't worry about that anymore.

The test is now OK and I wish you plenty of fun on the forum. And maybe one day I'll prooflisten one of your files again in some project or other. :D

Sonia