Listeners Wanted [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
AbirBouharir

Post by AbirBouharir » November 27th, 2017, 12:53 pm

Hi !
Here is my first recorded test. I hope you can help me with your advice.
https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test.mp3

Waiting for your feedback
Thank you

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina » November 27th, 2017, 3:22 pm

Hi! Welcome to Librivox! Nice start! :clap:

We'll need to fix a couple of issues. One is that the recording is in stereo. To change all future recordings, go to Edit, Preferences, Devices. Under Recording, change Channels to "1 (Mono)". When you click OK, the setting is saved and will be applied to all future recordings.
(To change an already stereo recording to mono, you can use the option "Stereo track to mono", from menu Tracks (or Tracks -> Mix -> Mix Stereo down to mono.)

The other is the volume which is very low. Check to see if you can increase the input volume of your microphone, from the Control Panel of your system, or from the microphone slider in audacity. If those settings are already maxed up, I think the only other way is to amplify after recording.
We need the waveline to peak around the 0.5 mark:

So, adjust those settings (for mono, and for the volume), make a new test recording, and re-upload. Please use a more unique filename, including your forumname, to avoid confusion with other "tests" ;)
And ask if you have any questions in the process!

AbirBouharir

Post by AbirBouharir » November 28th, 2017, 12:01 pm

Hi :thumbs:
Thank you very much for your helpful advice. I tried to apply what you've recommended about the "stereo recording" and the "volume" and here's again my test.
https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/AbirBouharir_second_test.mp3

Waiting for your feedback :thumbs:
Thank you!

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina » November 28th, 2017, 3:42 pm

Lovely! :thumbs:

All works fine!

You can now browse the Readers Wanted forums for projects that interest you, and have fun recording! :clap: