one-minute test - plantgrrl [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
plantgrrl

Post by plantgrrl » November 19th, 2017, 1:54 pm

Excited to start doing audiobooks with librivox. :)

Running Windows 7 64-bit
Audacity 2.2.0
USB Samson Go Mic

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_plantgrrl.mp3

I've run it through the tester and it seems okay. I'd love any and all feedback though to make sure I'm making the best recording possible for the community.

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » November 20th, 2017, 6:24 am

hello Katie and welcome to our forum :) good to hear you are excited :mrgreen:

thank you for the one-minute test, always a good way to start. Your reading is very nice and clearly understandable, so this is already a great bonus for an audiobook narrator :thumbs:

Your technical details are all correct, however you have quite a loud background noise in your recording, which would benefit from noise-cleaning. Try the following step-by-step on this recording:

> select a small portion at the end of the file where you don't speak
> go to Effect - Noise Cleaning
> first select Get Noise Profile
> now highlight the entire recording
> again go to Effect - Noise Cleaning
> and now select OK

could you please reupload your test once more so I can have a second listen ? Please post in the same thread so I am notified that there is an update.

Thanks

Sonia

plantgrrl

Post by plantgrrl » November 20th, 2017, 8:09 am

Hi Kitty! Thank you for your feedback. :) Here it is again with the noise reduction. https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_plantgrrl.mp3 I appreciate your help. :)

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » November 20th, 2017, 9:12 am

thanks Katie, that was fast :) and perfectly OK now. Great job. Now you know the ropes to get started for real, so I hope you have fun on the forum and find some interesting projects to participate in.

Good luck !

Sonia