You can check your own Technical Specifications!

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
njgorgen

Post by njgorgen » August 26th, 2018, 6:10 pm

Hi! I am a newbie and just want to know if my 1minute test was OK. I found it in the forum after I posted it but haven't found anything since. Forum name is njgorgen. Anxious to get started. Thanks for your help!

smijen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by smijen » August 26th, 2018, 6:54 pm

njgorgen wrote:
August 26th, 2018, 6:10 pm
Hi! I am a newbie and just want to know if my 1minute test was OK. I found it in the forum after I posted it but haven't found anything since. Forum name is njgorgen. Anxious to get started. Thanks for your help!
Hi Nancy - welcome to LV!
Sonia has given you some feedback here.
Android users - try Orthografiend, a free word game from the maker of Checker.

Nichalia

Post by Nichalia » February 27th, 2019, 2:19 am

5Tommy00 wrote:
April 30th, 2018, 4:55 pm
I cannot get my recording volume up to specifications. I have increased it on Audacity, increased the gain on my interface to the point of clipping, did a live chat with Focusrite (the maker of my interface) who said to contact the maker of my software, searched FAQs on Audacity's website, increased the recording level on my PC (HP laptop with Windows 10), read "Recording for Newbies", and swore (that doesn't usually help, but sometimes it makes you feel better, especially if accompanied with the slamming of a door) and still cannot get the recording volume required. I can't get Checker to test it because it comes in too low. Can you say 'frustration'? Anyone got any ideas?

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test.mp3
Did you get it fixed? All good now?