My 1-minute test [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files.
HazelJ

Post by HazelJ » May 12th, 2022, 3:25 pm

lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal » May 13th, 2022, 3:14 pm

Hi Hazel! It's great but there is background noise. It sounds like night noises [an own hoots?] . Have you got a door or window open? Another way would be to use a noise cleaning tool in your DAW.

Could you please apply the above to the background noise and upload the link again?
When your age is higher than your hottest summer day: you're old and creaky.

HazelJ

Post by HazelJ » May 13th, 2022, 10:57 pm

This is the revised test:

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_HazelJ2.mp3

I used the Noise Reduction tool in Audacity.
You have very good hearing. I know we have owls in the neighborhood but I can't find it in the recording. Maybe what you heard was the dishwasher. The noise at the beginning was when I was moving the microphone a bit.

Thank you for taking the time to check out my test. I appreciate it. I'm open to suggestions/advice you may want to share.

lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal » May 14th, 2022, 3:53 am

HazelJ wrote:
May 13th, 2022, 10:57 pm
This is the revised test:

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_HazelJ2.mp3

I used the Noise Reduction tool in Audacity.
You have very good hearing. I know we have owls in the neighborhood but I can't find it in the recording. Maybe what you heard was the dishwasher. The noise at the beginning was when I was moving the microphone a bit.

Thank you for taking the time to check out my test. I appreciate it. I'm open to suggestions/advice you may want to share.
That is much better: that has reduced the background noise. Now you have passed and can find a project to record! Happy to help. Have fun!
When your age is higher than your hottest summer day: you're old and creaky.