1 Minute Test - Kaniz X [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
kanizx

Post by kanizx » April 13th, 2021, 9:45 am

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/one_min_test.mp3

This was recorded on my phone's (Google Pixel 4a) recorder. I feel hesitant transitioning to Audacity because my mic doesn't connect to my PC for some reason, so I'm wondering if I could continue recording on my phone.
I adjusted volume with MP3Gain.
There is slight background noise at the end (I kept my windows open, so the solution would just be to close my windows!)

Let me know if you need other information!

wib66

Post by wib66 » April 13th, 2021, 10:14 am

Hi and welcome to Librivox. Your reading is great there are just some edits needed please. If you are using Audacity you can do the following.

The sampling rate should be 44.1 kHz (44,100 Hz).

There is some background noise which detracts from the reading and should be removed please. I am not sure how to do this with the program you are using.

Please could you carry out the edits then upload the file using the same file name. If you need any more help please just ask. Thanks

kanizx

Post by kanizx » April 18th, 2021, 10:10 am

wib66

Post by wib66 » April 18th, 2021, 10:37 am

Hi and welcome to Librivox. Your reading is great there are just some edits needed please. If you are using Audacity you can do the following.

The bit rate should be 128 kbps. When you export the file change ‘quality’ to 128kbps.

The recording should use a constant bit rate. When you export the file change ‘bit rate mode’ to ‘constant’

The background noise is still very pronounced.

Step 1 - Select a piece of background noise
Select a piece of background noise (no speech, breaths or other noises) in your audio.
In Menu click: Effect > Noise Reduction... A dialog will pop up.
Click "Get Noise Profile" The dialog box will close instantly.

Step 2 - Noise Reduction
Press CTRL-A / Command-A to select your complete recording.
In Menu click: Effect > Noise Reduction... again. Note: don't select "Repeat Noise Reduction" -- that instantly applies the default settings; you want to adjust the settings and preview the results before you apply the noise filters.

Set Noise Reduction (dB) to 12
Set sensitivity to 6.00
Set frequency smoothing bands to 3
Choose Noise: Reduce
Click ok

Please could you carry out the edits then upload the file using the same file name. If you need any more help please just ask. Thanks

kanizx

Post by kanizx » April 18th, 2021, 12:07 pm

Re-edited:
https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/one_min_test.mp3

Update: I'm not sure if it's just me but I don't hear my audio in this link :shock: Hopefully you guys can hear it?

wib66

Post by wib66 » April 18th, 2021, 3:38 pm

Hi it would benefit from another run through the noise reduction. Please can you do that and then reupload using the same filename and post in this thread so I can check it for you

kanizx

Post by kanizx » April 18th, 2021, 5:01 pm

wib66

Post by wib66 » April 19th, 2021, 1:02 pm

Hi that is now PL OK and you are good to go and find something you would like to record. Have fun and please ask if you have any questions.