rainbowsnsunshine 1 minute test [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
rainbowsnsunshine

Post by rainbowsnsunshine » April 8th, 2020, 2:37 am

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_rainbowsnsunshine.mp3
software: Audacity
Operating system: Mac
Mic type : USB
:D

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG » April 8th, 2020, 7:23 am

Welcome!

It sounds good! All the tech settings are correct. Volume is great. No background noise.

You have a couple plosives. This is when your breath directly hits the microphone on letters like P, F, or TH. (I hear it on "the piper" at 0:10, "previously" at 0:24 and "probably" at 0:26.) Move your microphone a little bit to the side of your mouth if a desktop mic, or a little above or below your mouth if a headset mic. This will help the air pass by the mic instead of directly hitting it.

Your volume is great, so don't worry about losing volume when you move the mic.

If you're comfortable with doing this and don't think you need confirmation on the new mic placement, then you're all set. If you want one final check, then go ahead and record a new test and post the link in this thread. Let me know either way. ;)
Mussolini's speeches thru 1923: LINK
Samuel Smiles Self-Help: Character
Hatfields & McCoys: An American Vendetta

rainbowsnsunshine

Post by rainbowsnsunshine » April 8th, 2020, 10:13 pm

Hello,
thank you for the feedback, i'll try to make it so my mic is not directly in front of my mouth. Thanks again :D . hmm i don't mind doing another test just to make sure

rainbowsnsunshine

Post by rainbowsnsunshine » April 8th, 2020, 10:44 pm

TriciaG wrote:
April 8th, 2020, 7:23 am
Welcome!

It sounds good! All the tech settings are correct. Volume is great. No background noise.

You have a couple plosives. This is when your breath directly hits the microphone on letters like P, F, or TH. (I hear it on "the piper" at 0:10, "previously" at 0:24 and "probably" at 0:26.) Move your microphone a little bit to the side of your mouth if a desktop mic, or a little above or below your mouth if a headset mic. This will help the air pass by the mic instead of directly hitting it.

Your volume is great, so don't worry about losing volume when you move the mic.

If you're comfortable with doing this and don't think you need confirmation on the new mic placement, then you're all set. If you want one final check, then go ahead and record a new test and post the link in this thread. Let me know either way. ;)
hello, this is the updated version
https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_rainbowsnsunshine.mp3
:D

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG » April 9th, 2020, 5:43 am

This works!

You're all set. Have fun!
Mussolini's speeches thru 1923: LINK
Samuel Smiles Self-Help: Character
Hatfields & McCoys: An American Vendetta