one minute test [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
genotics

Post by genotics » June 13th, 2019, 4:37 am

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert » June 15th, 2019, 6:02 pm

Hi Genotics. Your tech specs are fine and your voice is great but your volume is too low. We aim at 89 dB (give or take a few) volume. Your test is at 75dB so it will need to increase quite a bit. My first recommendation is to increase the volume going into the recorder, move a bit closer, increase the input slider several notches t hings like that. Please make another test, call it test 2 or something like that, and post it in this thread. I promise to check it out ASAP and get back to you. Ask if anything is unclear, ok? :D
Phil Chenevert, The LibriVox Video Guy
ME: Can I have a turn in the hedge now? HEDGEHOG: NO!.

Need Help? Lots of Helpful Videos Here

genotics

Post by genotics » June 27th, 2019, 2:58 pm

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert » June 27th, 2019, 3:27 pm

OK, you are making progress but you overshot the mark and your volume is too loud now, coming in at 97dB. Again we shoot for 89 dB so if y ou amplified, you did too much. Also In amplifying there is a lot of background noise, like you are next to a freeway.
Soooo.... please reduce the volume this time by about 10 dB. and also try to record in a quieter environment, one away from any electronic hums or other noise. Then run a little Noise REduction and lets go for Test3, eh?

:D If any of this is confusing, I will try tohelp as much as possible, just ask.

genotics

Post by genotics » July 12th, 2019, 5:14 am

Good Morning. So I purchased a new mic... closed the windows... kicked everyone out and tried again. My volume settings are at 89db, ran the checker and mp3gain... it says it passed... See what you think.
https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test3_genotics.mp3

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert » July 12th, 2019, 6:40 am

genotics wrote:
July 12th, 2019, 5:14 am
Good Morning. So I purchased a new mic... closed the windows... kicked everyone out and tried again. My volume settings are at 89db, ran the checker and mp3gain... it says it passed... See what you think.
https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test3_genotics.mp3
That is fine. Y ou have the OK to record lots and lots. There is still some generic background noise but this recording definitely is good to go! :thumbs:

genotics

Post by genotics » July 12th, 2019, 9:02 am

Awesome! Thank you so much for all your help.