One minute test [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
pyslucy

Post by pyslucy » March 14th, 2019, 8:25 am

I've been in the forum for quite a while but I've also been away for a very long time :( I also got a different mic set-up since then.
Since I forgot everything about recording in LibriVox, I wanted to check if I'm doing everything correctly.

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_pyslucy.mp3

I'm using audacity on windows with a usb mic. I've set up audacity as is instructed in the wiki page for one minute tests.

Thanks!

-Lucy
Last edited by pyslucy on March 14th, 2019, 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose » March 14th, 2019, 8:45 pm

Hi Lucy, and welcome back! It's always nice to have someone come back after a break :D.

As far as tech specs go, they look great! The one thing that could use some work is your background noise. You have a decent amount of that. Do you remember how to do noise reduction, or would you like a walkthrough?

If you remember how to do it and feel confident, you have the ok to continue recording. If you need some help, just let me know and I will give you some steps :D
Campbell
Constructive criticism always welcome

Listeners wanted: Treatise on American Football
Readers wanted: The Cliff-Dwellers

pyslucy

Post by pyslucy » March 14th, 2019, 9:45 pm

Thanks a lot!
I think I'm good with noise reduction. Thankfully, it's one of the only things I remember :P
I tried it just now and it seems to reduce the noise significantly.

Thank you :D

-Lucy

lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose » March 15th, 2019, 6:38 am

Great! That's a good thing to remember :D. Have fun, and I hope to see you around the forum :D
Campbell
Constructive criticism always welcome

Listeners wanted: Treatise on American Football
Readers wanted: The Cliff-Dwellers