1 minute test [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
sefsvoice

Post by sefsvoice » February 4th, 2019, 8:17 pm

hello all. my name is sef. i'm brand new to librivox and would like your help determining if my recording quality is up to par on librivox.
recording software is - audacity
operating system is - windows
the type of mic is - analog
i welcome all input and feedback guys... thank you so much!
here is the link to my test recording:

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_sefsvoice.mp3

sefsvoice

Post by sefsvoice » February 4th, 2019, 8:30 pm

also just noticed that i read "thirteenth" instead of "thirtieth". my apologies for the errors :D

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » February 11th, 2019, 4:22 am

hello and welcome to the forum

sorry, this test fell a bit under the radar, probably because you posted a reply to it yourself. Tests get noticed better if they have had no reply yet ;)

Well, I had a listen and your reading is absolutely fine and clearly understandable. So far so good. Technical settings are all LV standard as well, nothing to change there.

Only one issue, the volume is much too loud. We accept between 86 and 92 dB, yours is over 95 dB. :shock: No need to re-do the recording, but check out Audacity's Amplify Function:

> highlight your recording
> go to Effect
> go to Amplify
> input -5 (in your case now and don't forget the MINUS sign) in the first upper slot (called: amplification dB)
> press ok

Can you do this please and reupload in this same thread, so I can have another listen :)

thank you

Sonia

sefsvoice

Post by sefsvoice » February 11th, 2019, 6:37 pm

Hello Sonia,

I want to thank you for the warm welcome, and also for taking the time to listen to my recording. Thank you for the feedback as well! I just made the necessary adjustments as you advised to my volume. I hate to trouble you once again, but how may I upload the modified file into this thread? Thank you...

Sincerely,
David

sefsvoice

Post by sefsvoice » February 11th, 2019, 6:46 pm

My apologies Sonia, my amateur ways are beginning to show :roll: . Here is the uploaded file with the changes... whenever you are available, please have a listen. Thank you.

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_sefsvoice.mp3

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » February 12th, 2019, 12:58 am

yes sorry that I explained this wrongly. I meant posting the uploaded link here in this thread. But I see you managed, so all is well.

Also: the volume is right inside our limits now. :thumbs: All is perfect and here's your OK on the test.

You are now free to jump into any project on offer. I hope you had a look around already and have found something you'd like to start out with. Maybe one day I hear from you again in one of the projects I'm prooflistening.

Have fun !

Sonia