My 1 minute test

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.

Post by SueAllin » October 12th, 2017, 12:04 am

I cannot find the thread where I must post my link...?

LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG » October 12th, 2017, 6:07 am

You just made the thread, and this is where to post it, so you're good! ;)

Welcome! There are a couple things to adjust on your recording setup. You don't say what recording software you're using, so I'm going to assume it's Audacity:

1. The recording is in stereo. To change all future recordings, go to Edit, Preferences, Devices. Under Recording, change Channels to "1 (Mono)".

2. Your volume is too low. You should aim for your wave forms to peak near the 0.5 mark, like this:

Make sure the microphone slider in the Audacity window is all the way up. Also, have you increased your input volume in Windows/OS yet? Here's a link to instructions:

Try making these adjustments, then post another test. Use the same file name as your previous one, and post in this same thread when it's ready. :)
Original journals on the Exploration of the Mississippi: Here
Fiction, partly about jail atrocities: It Is Never too Late
Watergate Report, volume 3: Here
E E Cummings' time in French prison: The Enormous Room

Post by SueAllin » October 16th, 2017, 8:03 am

Thank you! It is Audacity, yes. I am currently a little busy, as two new students have joined my cottage school, but I will make the necessary adjustments as soon as I have some free time.

Regards, Susan