(Complete) Don Sebastian; or, The house of the Braganza by Anna Maria Porter - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Don Sebastian; or, The House of the Braganza: An historical Romance. vol. 1, by Anna Maria Porter (1780 - 1832)

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/don-sebastian-or-the-house-of-the-braganza-an-historical-romance-vol-1-by-anna-maria-porter/

Romantic history of the fictional Don Sebastian, which was suggested to the author by a plaque commemorating a mysterious "Portuguese stranger". There is a historical backdrop, but the story itself and the characters are figments of her imagination. (Summary by Lynne T)
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/68607

Deadline: Please submit your recording within 2 months of placing your claim. If you cannot complete the recording within this time, please post in the thread to relinquish your claim or to ask the BC for an extension. If your recording is not completed by the deadline, your claim may be reassigned at the BC's discretion.

Claiming sections: Look in the Magic Window below for the list of available sections. Post a reply in this thread asking for the section you would like to record.

New to recording? Please see our Newbie Guide to Recording for further instructions. A quick guide to our required technical settings can be found here. When you post your file, please tell the BC what name you would like to use in our catalog.

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
[*]Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anna_Maria_Porter (Anna Maria Porter)
[*]Link to title on Wikipedia (if available):
[*]Number of sections (files) this project will have: 7
[*]Does the project have an introduction or preface: No
[*]Original publication date (if known): 1809
[*]If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog?
[*]Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?:
[/list]
========================================

Genres for the project: Historical Fiction; Fictional Biographies & Memoirs

Keywords that describe the book: South America, inheritance, prince, portugal

========================================

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

Say:
"Section (or Chapter) # of Don Sebastian; or, The house of the Braganza: An historical romance. vol. 1. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Don Sebastian; or, The house of the Braganza: An historical romance. vol. 1, by Anna Maria Porter. Section Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of section (or chapter) #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of Don Sebastian; or, The house of the Braganza: An historical romance. vol. 1, by Anna Maria Porter."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: donsebastian1_##_porter_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. donsebastian1_01_porter_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
(If you have trouble reading the image above, please contact an admin)

MC to select: lynnet

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into a new post in this thread along with the file duration (mm:ss). Watch this thread for prooflistening notes.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! Just post in this thread.
walbranj

Post by walbranj »

Hello,

May I ask to claim Section 0, the Preface and Introduction?

Thank you—this looks like a very cool book!
---
Joseph Walbran :-)
he/him
walbranj

Post by walbranj »

walbranj wrote: August 8th, 2022, 10:35 am May I ask to claim Section 0, the Preface and Introduction?
And, if so—should I read the quotation in the front matter ("Take Physic, Pomp!…"), or just start where it says "Preface"?

Thanks very much! :)
---
he/him
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

walbranj wrote: August 8th, 2022, 11:31 am
walbranj wrote: August 8th, 2022, 10:35 am May I ask to claim Section 0, the Preface and Introduction?
And, if so—should I read the quotation in the front matter ("Take Physic, Pomp!…"), or just start where it says "Preface"?

Thanks very much! :)
Welcome to Librivox
I will add you to the catalog of readers using your forum name. That can be changed later if you prefer. Please be sure to read the first post as it gives all the information you need.

There is no need to read the quotation.
walbranj

Post by walbranj »

Okay, Section 0 is ready for proof-listening.

URL: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/donsebastain1_00_porter_128kb.mp3
Duration: 7:43
---
he/him
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

walbranj wrote: August 11th, 2022, 3:57 pm Okay, Section 0 is ready for proof-listening.

URL: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/donsebastain1_00_porter_128kb.mp3
Duration: 7:43
Thank you
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Preface and Introduction PL OK

Very nice first recording: clear and well-paced :thumbs:

Nothing to fix, but a couple of comments: watch the file name. You had a spelling error. We don't ask readers to change that if there are no other edits, as we can do it behind the scenes... but, as you can imagine, if it happens a lot, it gets quite onerous.
Secondly, although not wrong, we don't usually say "section zero" -- usually we just say "preface and introduction" or whatever is appropriate.

Well done... I hope you will read a lot more :thumbs:
walbranj

Post by walbranj »

Lynnet wrote: August 11th, 2022, 4:38 pm Preface and Introduction PL OK

Very nice first recording: clear and well-paced :thumbs:

Nothing to fix, but a couple of comments: watch the file name. You had a spelling error. We don't ask readers to change that if there are no other edits, as we can do it behind the scenes... but, as you can imagine, if it happens a lot, it gets quite onerous.
Secondly, although not wrong, we don't usually say "section zero" -- usually we just say "preface and introduction" or whatever is appropriate.

Well done... I hope you will read a lot more :thumbs:
Good to know--thanks so much for the review! :)

(Sorry about the filename, I completely missed that.)
---
he/him
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

May I read Section 1?
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

MrsHand wrote: September 5th, 2022, 12:28 pm May I read Section 1?
Of course
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

I'll read section 4, if you please. :)
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

redrun wrote: September 12th, 2022, 6:50 am I'll read section 4, if you please. :)
Section 4 is the continuation of chapter 3. I’d like the same reader t read both sections. Shall I put you in for both?
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Ah, sorry, I meant chapter 4, so section 5. I might circle back for more, but figured start with one to see how it flows.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

redrun wrote: September 12th, 2022, 7:55 am Ah, sorry, I meant chapter 4, so section 5. I might circle back for more, but figured start with one to see how it flows.
:thumbs:
landingtree

Post by landingtree »

Hello! May I please read Section 2?