(Complete) Ring for Nancy: A Sheer Comedy by Ford Madox Ford - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Ring for Nancy: A Sheer Comedy, by Ford Madox Ford (1873 - 1939)

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/ring-for-nancy-a-sheer-comedy-by-ford-madox-ford/

Major Edward Brent Foster is on his way to a house in the country to stay with his aunt and uncle. So are his fiancée Olympia Peabody, his actress friend Flossie Delamare, and the novelist Juliana Kerr Howe, with whom he has a complicated relationship. To make matters more awkward, the house in question is that of Lady Mary Savylle, the major’s former lover. And as if that weren't enough, the revelation of a secret panel allowing guests’ rooms to communicate has the potential to lead to some compromising situations. Can the major keep Miss Peabody’s jealousy at bay? Will chaos ensue, or can the canny Nancy, Lady Savylle’s maid, maintain order in the household? (Summary by Scarbo)
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://archive.org/details/ringfornancyshee00fordrich/mode/2up?view=theater

Deadline: Please submit your recording within 2 months of placing your claim. If you cannot complete the recording within this time, please post in the thread to relinquish your claim or to ask the BC for an extension. If your recording is not completed by the deadline, your claim may be reassigned at the BC's discretion.

Claiming sections: Look in the Magic Window below for the list of available sections. Post a reply in this thread asking for the section you would like to record.

New to recording? Please see our Newbie Guide to Recording for further instructions. A quick guide to our required technical settings can be found here. When you post your file, please tell the BC what name you would like to use in our catalog.

Prooflistening level: Special: I will be following along with the text listening for word changes that affect the meaning.
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
[*]Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Madox_Ford (Ford Madox Ford)
[*]Link to title on Wikipedia (if available):
[*]Number of sections (files) this project will have: 20
[*]Does the project have an introduction or preface: Yes
[*]Original publication date (if known): 1913
[*]If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog?
[*]Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?:
[/list]
========================================

Genres for the project: General Fiction/Published 1900 onward; Humorous Fiction

Keywords that describe the book: fiction

========================================

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

Say:
"Part #, Chapter # of Ring for Nancy: A Sheer Comedy. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Ring for Nancy: A Sheer Comedy, by Ford Madox Ford. Part #, Chapter #."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of Part #, Chapter #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of Ring for Nancy: A Sheer Comedy, by Ford Madox Ford."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: ringfornancy_##_ford_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. ringfornancy_01_ford_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
(If you have trouble reading the image above, please contact an admin)

MC to select: lynnet

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into a new post in this thread along with the file duration (mm:ss). Watch this thread for prooflistening notes.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! Just post in this thread.
Last edited by Scarbo on August 15th, 2022, 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

I would like to be the DPL for this project.
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Setting this up.

Edit: let me know if you need anything else.
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Thank you, Lynnet! I've filled in the MW section titles.

Sarah
penelopepresents

Post by penelopepresents »

Hi, Lynnet! I would like to read Chapters 1 & 2 of part 1, please.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

penelopepresents wrote: July 26th, 2022, 1:09 pm Hi, Lynnet! I would like to read Chapters 1 & 2 of part 1, please.
Scarbo is the BC for this project 8-)
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

penelopepresents wrote: July 26th, 2022, 1:09 pm Hi, Lynnet! I would like to read Chapters 1 & 2 of part 1, please.
Hello, and welcome to LV! :) I've signed you up for chapter 1 - thank you for claiming! Since chapter 2 is much longer (I estimate that it will run over an hour), I would recommend starting off with chapter 1 first so that you have a chance to get the hang of the recording and editing process. Once you've completed chapter 1, or the section that you've claimed for another project, and you feel like you're ready to tackle something longer, let me know and I'll be happy to sign you up for chapter 2. Alternatively, you could claim another shorter chapter from this project.

Before you start recording, I would strongly recommend completing a 1-minute test. It's not required, but it will help make sure that your technical settings are set up correctly and identify any sound problems that you might need to adjust.

Feel free to ask if you have questions about anything!

Sarah
penelopepresents

Lynnet wrote: July 26th, 2022, 1:22 pm
Scarbo is the BC for this project 8-)
Oops! :)
penelopepresents

Scarbo wrote: July 26th, 2022, 2:25 pm
Hello, and welcome to LV! :) I've signed you up for chapter 1 - thank you for claiming! Since chapter 2 is much longer (I estimate that it will run over an hour), I would recommend starting off with chapter 1 first so that you have a chance to get the hang of the recording and editing process. Once you've completed chapter 1, or the section that you've claimed for another project, and you feel like you're ready to tackle something longer, let me know and I'll be happy to sign you up for chapter 2. Alternatively, you could claim another shorter chapter from this project.

Before you start recording, I would strongly recommend completing a 1-minute test. It's not required, but it will help make sure that your technical settings are set up correctly and identify any sound problems that you might need to adjust.

Feel free to ask if you have questions about anything!
Scarbo - thank you! I have completed the 1-Minute Test, and can submit it to you if you like. I'm waiting on a new mic, and should have it Thurs...can't wait to start recording!
SReeves

Post by SReeves »

Can I claim (section 14) Part 3. Chapter 2 ?
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

SReeves wrote: July 31st, 2022, 1:05 pm Can I claim (section 14) Part 3. Chapter 2 ?
Sure thing! Thank you for claiming!

Sarah
Ariphron

Post by Ariphron »

Hi, I would like to take sections 2 and 5.
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Ariphron wrote: August 1st, 2022, 6:25 pm Hi, I would like to take sections 2 and 5.
They're all yours! Thank you for claiming!

Sarah
VOjamie

Post by VOjamie »

Hi

Please may I claim section 4?
MJ
------
Volunteer reader
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

VOjamie wrote: August 2nd, 2022, 2:27 pm Hi

Please may I claim section 4?
Certainly! Thank you for claiming!

Sarah