[COMPLETE] Figaro: The Life of Beaumarchais - availle

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

UPRG11W wrote: October 4th, 2021, 11:20 pm I would like to DPL for this project if it is still open.

Regards,
Jessie
Thanks so much for the offer, Jessie - we did get a DPL already, though.

Love seeing you around LV :)
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

I heard that someone was in need of a French poem here, so here it is. Funny epitaph. Hope this helps :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/figarobeaumarchais_18supp_rivers.mp3
Recording time: 0:47 min.

If anybody else needs help with French, just let me know, I'll have an eye on the project.

Sonia
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Kitty wrote: October 5th, 2021, 8:00 am I heard that someone was in need of a French poem here, so here it is. Funny epitaph. Hope this helps :)

If anybody else needs help with French, just let me know, I'll have an eye on the project.

Sonia
Thank you so very much, Sonia :)
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
yourbookvoice

Post by yourbookvoice »

What a great read. I would like to claim the following:

3 Ch. III - The Duel 2194 words Open

Thank you,
Kerry Adams
yourbookvoice
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Thank you, Kerry! All yours :)
~Lynette * -
Zunzil

Post by Zunzil »

Hi Lynette,

I would be delighted to read Sections 2 and 9--the first marriage and the second marriage.

Zunzil
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Zunzil wrote: October 5th, 2021, 2:09 pm Hi Lynette,

I would be delighted to read Sections 2 and 9--the first marriage and the second marriage.

Zunzil
Certainly! Thank you :)

Oh! hold on - I'll assign these for you, but before you do these recordings, please do the 1-Minute Test and post it to the Listeners Wanted board. It's just a measure to make sure your system is set up correctly before you go through all the work of a longer recording, and the folks there are good at helping if you need something adjusted. You should have a welcome email from LibriVox that will have a link for this. Let me know if you can't find it.
~Lynette * -
Zunzil

Post by Zunzil »

Thank you! I just posted a test recording to the Listeners Wanted board. I'll await advice from the community...
Zunzil

Post by Zunzil »

Hi Lynette,
I received great feedback on my 1-minute test from SJMarky. Then I hopped back on here and noticed in the Notes section for Chap 2 that you've kindly reserved it for me pending my 1-minute test and "reader page." What is a reader page? I went onto Recording for Newbies and couldn't see what this referred to.
Thank you!
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Zunzil wrote: October 6th, 2021, 12:03 pm Hi Lynette,
I received great feedback on my 1-minute test from SJMarky. Then I hopped back on here and noticed in the Notes section for Chap 2 that you've kindly reserved it for me pending my 1-minute test and "reader page." What is a reader page? I went onto Recording for Newbies and couldn't see what this referred to.
Thank you!
Super! You are ready to record these chapters here, then. :)

As BCs, we have access to the link that creates the Reader Pages for new volunteers. What name would you like us to use on yours? Some of use our real name, others use their forum board name, and others make a different psuedonym.
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Zunzil wrote: October 6th, 2021, 12:03 pm Hi Lynette,
Thank you!
Here is your Reader Page: Zunzil.

You'll see that it will list every project you're a part of, including finished audiobooks and in-progress projects. It also has a link to lists of every section assigned to you for recording or prooflistening. Very handy!
~Lynette * -
Zunzil

Post by Zunzil »

Ahh! I see now. How very sensible. If only the rest of the world were as organized as Librivox...

Thank you Lynette for helping me get started!
JHedrick

Post by JHedrick »

Here is section 18. The gap starting around 18:06 is intentional. :flag_fr:

https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/figarobeaumarchais_18_rivers_128kb.mp3 [21:52]
Jim in Ohio

I will be away from the studio from April 21st through April 28th.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

JHedrick wrote: October 7th, 2021, 9:42 am Here is section 18. The gap starting around 18:06 is intentional. :flag_fr:

https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/figarobeaumarchais_18_rivers_128kb.mp3 [21:52]
Kitty wrote: October 5th, 2021, 8:00 am I heard that someone was in need of a French poem here, so here it is. Funny epitaph. Hope this helps :)

Sonia
This worked out perfectly! Thanks to both of you. :)

Jim, excellent space left, made it super easy to insert the poem.
~Lynette * -
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

Section 18 PL OK.

Very nicely read. :clap:

And a Brava ! to the reader of the poem in French.

Both readers did a great job. :thumbs:

aniroo
aniroo :wink: