[COMPLETE] Figaro: The Life of Beaumarchais - availle

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

Zunzil wrote: October 11th, 2021, 1:51 pm
Section #2 PL OK ! :clap:
I see that you wanted some notes to improve, but please know that your reading was wonderful, it's just a few technical things that I noticed. at 11:55 min. there was a slight change in volume. Had it been more noticeable, I would have asked for a correction, but it was so slight that I don't think it needs correction.

Keep up the great work. I look forward to hearing more from you. :D
aniroo

Thank you so much Aniroo! So sorry about the rookie error at 11:55: I stopped the recording and wasn't the same distance from the mic when I resumed :(

Question: are you the same person as "availle"?
What is the LV etiquette--to use people's Admin name or to use their signature name?
Thanks!

I am not availle. Not sure what the etiquette is. I just use the name in the forum notes.

aniroo
aniroo :wink:
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

yourbookvoice wrote: October 11th, 2021, 2:02 pm :help: :hmm: :help:
I have had trouble downloading the chapter or even copying and pasting my reading selection, Chapter III "The Duel" to create a narration script that I can more effectively work from. Is there a trick or method outside of customary protocols? If so, please know what they are so I can proceed.
Thanks
Kerry
Hi, Kerry - sorry, but I don't know of any tricks, and having only my phone this week to mess around with, I am limited to the regular Hathitrust book viewing (but that doesn't require downloading?) and I can't look around as much as someone with computer access could do.
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
yourbookvoice

Post by yourbookvoice »

LCaulkins wrote: October 12th, 2021, 5:10 am
I have had trouble downloading the chapter or even copying and pasting my reading selection, Chapter III "The Duel" to create a narration script that I can more effectively work from. Is there a trick or method outside of customary protocols? If so, please know what they are so I can proceed.
Thanks
Kerry
Hi, Kerry - sorry, but I don't know of any tricks, and having only my phone this week to mess around with, I am limited to the regular Hathitrust book viewing (but that doesn't require downloading?) and I can't look around as much as someone with computer access could do.
Thanks for your response. I'm still "dinking" around with it ... I'm a bit old school, and like to have a paper script that I can mark up and throttle in my hands rather than reading from digitized images floating on a screen. But we'll see what can be done -- it just may take this bird dog a bit longer to get it done... :| But hey, maybe in the process, this old dog can learn a few new tricks ... :)
Bruce0McFadden

Post by Bruce0McFadden »

I claim Chapter IV of "Figaro: the Life of Beaumarchais - availle"

Bruce0McFadden ><>
Bible Student and Husband of "The Lovely Linda" :9:
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Thanks, Bruce! It's yours: )
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

JHedrick wrote: October 11th, 2021, 12:47 pm Here is chapter 19:

https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/figarobeaumarchais_19_rivers_128kb.mp3 [53:47]

Section 19 PL OK

:clap: :clap: :clap: Bravo. I was amazed that you were able to keep up the energy level on such a long section. I loved the singing at the beginning too. Over all well done, fluid, well paced, and easy to listen to . Thanks,

aniroo

PS sorry it took so long to PL. I was working on it this morning when our power went out. It started snowing last night and it caused local power outages and road closures. Might as well get the first snow out of the way early. :D
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

LCaulkins wrote: October 12th, 2021, 5:10 am
Thanks
Kerry

I saw this question and took a look at it. I'm DPL for this project. IF you look on the left side of the document there is a tab with two arrows facing each other. Click on one until the SIDEBAR opens. It will give you the option of downloading in several different formats.

Hope it works OK.
aniroo
Zunzil

Post by Zunzil »

Hi Lynette,

You've already assigned sections 2 and 9 to me. I was wondering if I could also claim section 15?
JHedrick

Post by JHedrick »

aniroo wrote: October 12th, 2021, 1:28 pm
JHedrick wrote: October 11th, 2021, 12:47 pm Here is chapter 19:

https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/figarobeaumarchais_19_rivers_128kb.mp3 [53:47]

Section 19 PL OK

:clap: :clap: :clap: Bravo. I was amazed that you were able to keep up the energy level on such a long section. I loved the singing at the beginning too. Over all well done, fluid, well paced, and easy to listen to . Thanks,

aniroo

PS sorry it took so long to PL. I was working on it this morning when our power went out. It started snowing last night and it caused local power outages and road closures. Might as well get the first snow out of the way early. :D
Aww shucks,
Glad you liked it. Sending you a pm not related to this project.
Jim in Ohio

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Zunzil wrote: October 12th, 2021, 2:48 pm Hi Lynette,

You've already assigned sections 2 and 9 to me. I was wondering if I could also claim section 15?
Sure can
~Lynette * -
Zunzil

Post by Zunzil »

Zunzil wrote: ↑Yesterday, 5:48 pm
Hi Lynette,

Sure can
Thanks!
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

Greetings! I can do 5, 6, 7 and 8
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Hi, Rita! Thanks :)
~Lynette * -
Bruce0McFadden

Post by Bruce0McFadden »

Section 4 of "Figaro: The Life of Beaumarchais" submitted:

TRT: 15:39

https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/figarobeaumarchais_4_rivers_128kb.mp3

Bruce ><>
Bible Student and Husband of "The Lovely Linda" :9:
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Thank you, Bruce - loaded for our PL :)
~Lynette * -