[COMPLETE] Figaro: The Life of Beaumarchais - availle

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Zunzil

Post by Zunzil »

Hi Lynette,

https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/figarobeaumarchais_2_rivers_128kb.mp3

File duration: 13:01

My first Librivox recording and eager for the proofreader critique to know how to improve.

I had a wonderful time reading. There were several hilarious moments--had to suppress my laughter!

Thanks for the opportunity.
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

I'm looking forward to listening to it as soon as it is posted in the MW. I don't think I'm supposed to put it in the MW as DPL, but maybe things have changed?

aniroo
aniroo :wink:
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

aniroo wrote: October 11th, 2021, 8:37 am I'm looking forward to listening to it as soon as it is posted in the MW. I don't think I'm supposed to put it in the MW as DPL, but maybe things have changed?

aniroo
Thanks, Android- you're correct, we are each other's failsafe. :) It's loaded for you now.

Sorry about that, Zunzil! My first grandbaby was born that day, so I was distracted and apparently only thought I had loaded your file.
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
Zunzil

Post by Zunzil »

Oh my goodness, Lynette, congratulations.
Nothing more exciting (or distracting) as a new baby!
guillaumeayad

Post by guillaumeayad »

Hello, can I read Ch. X :) ?

Btw I am french if you need any help with difficult words you might find.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Thank you, Zunzil!

Yes, gillaumeayad - I'm putting 10 down for you. :) and thank you for your offer! I'll keep that on mind if anyone asks!
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

guillaumeayad wrote: October 11th, 2021, 10:05 am Hello, can I read Ch. X :) ?

Btw I am french if you need any help with difficult words you might find.
Oh! I'm just on my phone this week, so I couldn't see that you're a new volunteer. Welcome to LibriVox! Very nice to have you with us. :)

Can you tell me what name you want me to use to make your catalog Reader Page? Some of us use our real name, others use their forum board name, and others make up a new pseudonym. Once I make your page, the system will let me assign 10 to you.
~Lynette * -
guillaumeayad

Post by guillaumeayad »

Thank you ! I am fine with using my real name, Guillaume.

Though I am not sure if I fit the expected level to participate to this project regarding my accent and because I am novice.

Please find here a reading test of the beginning of Ch X :
https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/figarobeaumarchais_10_rivers_128kb.mp3

Open to suggestions :D
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

Zunzil wrote: October 9th, 2021, 8:31 am Hi Lynette,

https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/figarobeaumarchais_2_rivers_128kb.mp3

File duration: 13:01

My first Librivox recording and eager for the proofreader critique to know how to improve.

I had a wonderful time reading. There were several hilarious moments--had to suppress my laughter!

Thanks for the opportunity.

Section #2 PL OK ! :clap:
I see that you wanted some notes to improve, but please know that your reading was wonderful, it's just a few technical things that I noticed. at 11:55 min. there was a slight change in volume. Had it been more noticeable, I would have asked for a correction, but it was so slight that I don't think it needs correction.

Keep up the great work. I look forward to hearing more from you. :D
aniroo
aniroo :wink:
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

guillaumeayad wrote: October 11th, 2021, 11:03 am Thank you ! I am fine with using my real name, Guillaume.

Though I am not sure if I fit the expected level to participate to this project regarding my accent and because I am novice.

Please find here a reading test of the beginning of Ch X :
https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/figarobeaumarchais_10_rivers_128kb.mp3

Open to suggestions :D
Hi, Guillaume, here is your Reader Page: Guillaume.

You'll see that it will link every project you are a part of, both finished and in-progress. It also has a link to lists of any sections assigned to you for either recording or proof-listening. It's handy!

Regarding your concerns about your accent, LibriVox does not limit people from recording sections because of an accent. We are a global community. So I will let you tell me if you decide you want to go ahead and complete a chapter here, or if you prefer to step away from this project and work on a French project. For your consideration, I asked my adult daughter to listen with me to your sample. I did not have any difficulty understanding you. She did say that it was difficult at times for her to understand through the accent. Let me know what you want to do, and we'll go from there. :)
~Lynette * -
JHedrick

Post by JHedrick »

Jim in Ohio

I will be away from the studio from April 21st through April 28th.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Thanks, Jim (and, woah! I must have missed copying a lot of the chapter when I was pulling word Counts. I apologize about that.)
~Lynette * -
JHedrick

Post by JHedrick »

LCaulkins wrote: October 11th, 2021, 1:11 pm Thanks, Jim (and, woah! I must have missed copying a lot of the chapter when I was pulling word Counts. I apologize about that.)
It was a bit of a marathon, but it would have been difficult to split. Now, I am on to some short ones on atomic energy. It is always interesting on LibriVox :D
Last edited by JHedrick on October 12th, 2021, 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jim in Ohio

I will be away from the studio from April 21st through April 28th.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Zunzil

Post by Zunzil »

Section #2 PL OK ! :clap:
I see that you wanted some notes to improve, but please know that your reading was wonderful, it's just a few technical things that I noticed. at 11:55 min. there was a slight change in volume. Had it been more noticeable, I would have asked for a correction, but it was so slight that I don't think it needs correction.

Keep up the great work. I look forward to hearing more from you. :D
aniroo

Thank you so much Aniroo! So sorry about the rookie error at 11:55: I stopped the recording and wasn't the same distance from the mic when I resumed :(

Question: are you the same person as "availle"?
What is the LV etiquette--to use people's Admin name or to use their signature name?
Thanks!
yourbookvoice

Post by yourbookvoice »

:help: :hmm: :help:
I have had trouble downloading the chapter or even copying and pasting my reading selection, Chapter III "The Duel" to create a narration script that I can more effectively work from. Is there a trick or method outside of customary protocols? If so, please know what they are so I can proceed.
Thanks
Kerry