[COMPLETE] Predecessors of Cleopatra, by Leigh North - icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Silverj5

Post by Silverj5 »

Can I work on sections 3,4,5 and 6?
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

Silverj5 wrote: October 20th, 2021, 2:46 pm Can I work on sections 3,4,5 and 6?
Welcome to LibriVox. It is a lot of fun. :)

Thank you for your interest in reading these four chapters. However, these are not short chapters and will require a fair bit of time to complete. I suggest you just start with reading one chapter to see how you like it. But, I will hold the four chapters for you.

Before I can "assign" any chapters to you I need to know under what name you would like to appear in the LibriVox public catalog. It can be your real name, your forum name, or some other name.

Also, before you start recording, please read the following and submit a 1 minute test recording to verify your settings match the technical specifications required.

Please see our Newbie Guide to Recording for further instructions. A quick guide to our required technical settings can be found here.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

M
Silverj5

Post by Silverj5 »

Can I just reserve sections 3 and 4? I was working on this as a school project so I don't think I will have the time to finish the extra chapters.

Also, can my submission be under the name J Silver?
gooseandcaboose

Post by gooseandcaboose »

Hello! I'm pretty new to Librivox and very excited to see this needing readers (I've been fascinated with Ancient Egypt since I was young).

Could I please reserve sections 5 and 13?
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

Silverj5 wrote: October 25th, 2021, 5:42 am Can I just reserve sections 3 and 4? I was working on this as a school project so I don't think I will have the time to finish the extra chapters.

Also, can my submission be under the name J Silver?
Not a problem at all. I will create your catalog record and give you those two sections.

Thanks,

M
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

gooseandcaboose wrote: October 25th, 2021, 9:46 am Hello! I'm pretty new to Librivox and very excited to see this needing readers (I've been fascinated with Ancient Egypt since I was young).

Welcome

It has been fun reading for this project and listening to other readers. I see you went for one of the big names - Nefertiti. :)

It looks like you do not have a catalog record yet. Could you pleases et me know under what name you wish to be credited as in the catalog. It can be a real name, forum name, or ? Once I have that I will be able to give you those two chapters.

Thanks and have fun,

M
gooseandcaboose

mleigh wrote: October 25th, 2021, 2:25 pm
gooseandcaboose wrote: October 25th, 2021, 9:46 am Hello! I'm pretty new to Librivox and very excited to see this needing readers (I've been fascinated with Ancient Egypt since I was young).

Welcome

It has been fun reading for this project and listening to other readers. I see you went for one of the big names - Nefertiti. :)

It looks like you do not have a catalog record yet. Could you pleases et me know under what name you wish to be credited as in the catalog. It can be a real name, forum name, or ? Once I have that I will be able to give you those two chapters.

Thanks and have fun,

M
I'm excited to read through these chapters. And I do love Nefertiti, so I couldn't resist. :)

I would like to be credited as Anna Goss.

Thanks!
Silverj5

Post by Silverj5 »

Can I be unassigned the chapters for this book? I don't think I can learn how to pronounce the names in time for the due date for my school. Can work on a book that doesn't have as many words to learn to pronounce.
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

Silverj5 wrote: October 27th, 2021, 5:58 am Can I be unassigned the chapters for this book? I don't think I can learn how to pronounce the names in time for the due date for my school. Can work on a book that doesn't have as many words to learn to pronounce.
Not to worry. Although we are not picky on pronunciations. There are lots of books out there. One of the ones I can highly recommend, if you are interested in US history is Slave Narratives: a Folk History of Slavery in the United States From Interviews with Former Slaves.

I am reviewing all the recordings as the DPL and the stories are very moving and educational. They are al short reads, almost all are under 10 minutes.

M
gooseandcaboose

mleigh

Post by mleigh »

gooseandcaboose wrote: October 31st, 2021, 8:40 am Chapter 5 here, ready for PL!
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/predecessorsofcleopatra_05_north_128kb.mp3
31:32
Thank you. I've marked it as Ready for PL.

M
JHedrick

Post by JHedrick »

gooseandcaboose wrote: October 31st, 2021, 8:40 am Chapter 5 here, ready for PL!
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/predecessorsofcleopatra_05_north_128kb.mp3
31:32
Excellent reading! PL Okay :thumbs:
Jim in Ohio

I will be away from the studio from April 21st through April 28th.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
gooseandcaboose

mleigh

Post by mleigh »

gooseandcaboose wrote: November 1st, 2021, 5:45 pm Thanks, Jim!

And here is Chapter 13 for PL!
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/predecessorsofcleopatra_13_north_128kb.mp3
31:47
There is a big "thank you" to the readers as well as the hard working DPL and MC. I really appreciate everyone who helps out on getting this project completed.

This chapter is Ready for a PL.

Thanks,

M
JHedrick

Post by JHedrick »

gooseandcaboose wrote: November 1st, 2021, 5:45 pm Thanks, Jim!

And here is Chapter 13 for PL!
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/predecessorsofcleopatra_13_north_128kb.mp3
31:47
Absolutely outstanding job. Just one ever so small correction, if you would. At the very end, instead of "End of chapter 13", I heard only "End of chapter."
Jim in Ohio

I will be away from the studio from April 21st through April 28th.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-