COMPLETE [SOCIOLOGY] The Elementary Forms of the Religious Life by Émile Durkheim-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
tac107

Post by tac107 »

If she's passin' back this way
I'm not that hard to find
Tell her she can look me up
If she's got the time

Tatiana
vmead

Post by vmead »

Perfect! Thanks so much.
PL OK
Currently volunteering for my senior project. Expecting to graduate with a BS in Information and Library Science, Dec. '21!
JAndyCO

Post by JAndyCO »

I would like to read section 2 for this book. Can I be included in this project?

-JAndyCO
mscllc

Post by mscllc »

I would be willing to record section 2: Book I, Chapter I, "Usefulness of a preliminary definition"
mscllc
erieston

Post by erieston »

I wanted to give an update; so I was in a wreck a few weeks/month ago and it's left me a little shaken in life so I wanted to apologize for not being as active as I should be, but I want to promise that I will be doing my best to look through and update the MW as much as possible and keep updating as we go. Thank you guys; y'all are the best :9:
erieston

Post by erieston »

JAndyCO wrote: November 3rd, 2021, 9:59 pm I would like to read section 2 for this book. Can I be included in this project?

-JAndyCO
Hi; so sorry for the very late reply heh If you are still interested I'd love to add you on!
cafe1948

Post by cafe1948 »

Good evening. I would like to record: Conclusion, "To what extent the results obtained may be generalized" 490 words. I know it's just a couple of paragraphs, but as my first reading submission, "short" sounds do-able.
Jim (cafe1948)
sjr8545

Post by sjr8545 »

Might I claim sections 17 & 18?

Many thanks,
Sarah R.
Owlivia

Post by Owlivia »

Owlivia/Deborah

🦉
Owlivia

Post by Owlivia »

Owlivia/Deborah

🦉
Owlivia

Post by Owlivia »

erieston wrote: November 14th, 2021, 12:48 pm I wanted to give an update; so I was in a wreck a few weeks/month ago and it's left me a little shaken in life so I wanted to apologize for not being as active as I should be, but I want to promise that I will be doing my best to look through and update the MW as much as possible and keep updating as we go. Thank you guys; y'all are the best :9:
Take your time and do what you can when you can; focus on getting better and rebuilding your strength. Be good to yourself, you've been through a scary experience. [And here comes a shocker:] Librivox isn't the most important thing in the world. :shock:

Wishing you the best,
Owlivia/Deborah
Owlivia/Deborah

🦉
vmead

Post by vmead »

Thanks for the uploads!

For all three, you'll want to update the introduction again.
For example, you start "Section 50 Book II Chapter IX Section I".
It should be,

"Section 50 of The Elementary Forms of the Religious Life. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "The Elementary Forms of the Religious Life, by Émile Durkheim, translated by Joseph Ward Swain. Book II Chapter IX Section I"

Basically, section number is at the beginning and section title is at the end.
Same with your other two recordings.

Then for Section 50:
2:45 you say, "comes to the aid of his children..." texts says "comes to aid the growth of his children..."

Lastly, for consistency sake and accuracy, you say "End of Chapter 50". You'll want to change it to "End of Section 50" as it'll match what you said in the beginning and because it's actually chapter 4.

Thanks a ton.
Currently volunteering for my senior project. Expecting to graduate with a BS in Information and Library Science, Dec. '21!
vmead

Post by vmead »

I did reach out to Erin to see if she wanted me to assign section requests when they pop up, so she doesn't have to worry about it as much.
I didn't want to step on anyone's toes by just doing it without asking. I'm waiting for her reply.
sjr8545

Post by sjr8545 »

vmead wrote: November 18th, 2021, 1:44 pm I did reach out to Erin to see if she wanted me to assign section requests when they pop up, so she doesn't have to worry about it as much.
I didn't want to step on anyone's toes by just doing it without asking. I'm waiting for her reply.
Not sure how, or if, I can help but I'm in no great hurry to get my request approved. It happens when it happens.
Sarah R.
Owlivia

Post by Owlivia »

vmead wrote: November 18th, 2021, 1:42 pm
Thanks for the uploads!

For all three, you'll want to update the introduction again.
For example, you start "Section 50 Book II Chapter IX Section I".
It should be,

"Section 50 of The Elementary Forms of the Religious Life. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "The Elementary Forms of the Religious Life, by Émile Durkheim, translated by Joseph Ward Swain. Book II Chapter IX Section I"

Basically, section number is at the beginning and section title is at the end.
Same with your other two recordings.

Then for Section 50:
2:45 you say, "comes to the aid of his children..." texts says "comes to aid the growth of his children..."

Lastly, for consistency sake and accuracy, you say "End of Chapter 50". You'll want to change it to "End of Section 50" as it'll match what you said in the beginning and because it's actually chapter 4.

Thanks a ton.
Corrected copies:

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/elementaryforms_50_durkheim_128kb.mp3
20:58.42

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/elementaryforms_51_durkheim_128kb.mp3
3:30.13

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/elementaryforms_52_durkheim_128kb.mp3
6:10.83

an additional correction to each intro: I rerecorded "translated by Joseph Ward Swain" because it seemed as if Mr. Swain's middle name was not as clearly pronounced as it might have been. All else according to your PLs.
Owlivia/Deborah

🦉