COMPLETE [SOCIOLOGY] The Elementary Forms of the Religious Life by Émile Durkheim-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Owlivia

Post by Owlivia »

And, since there's not much competition yet, and the readings were so interesting,
I'd like to volunteer for Sections 50-54, Book II, Chapter IX, Sections I-V

Maybe we can get some traction/additional readers if this gets pushed toward the top of the "Readers Wanted" column when we chat back and forth. It is soooo interesting!
Owlivia/Deborah

🦉
vmead

Post by vmead »

Currently volunteering for my senior project. Expecting to graduate with a BS in Information and Library Science, Dec. '21!
Owlivia

Post by Owlivia »

Owlivia wrote: October 22nd, 2021, 4:20 pm And, since there's not much competition yet, and the readings were so interesting,

Maybe we can get some traction/additional readers if this gets pushed toward the top of the "Readers Wanted" column when we chat back and forth. It is soooo interesting!
Just to check that these are assigned to me.

Thanks!
Owlivia/Deborah

🦉
soegampars

Post by soegampars »

Here is my part for Section 13

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/elementaryforms_13_durkheim_128kb.mp3

Duration 4:34

Also, I would you please re-check on my claim date? I think the MW has my claim date September 20th rather than the supposedly October 20th. Don't want get a panic attack because of incoming deadlines :lol:
"Mithrandir, why the halfling?"
vmead

Post by vmead »

soegampars wrote: October 26th, 2021, 12:19 pm Here is my part for Section 13

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/elementaryforms_13_durkheim_128kb.mp3

Duration 4:34

Also, I would you please re-check on my claim date? I think the MW has my claim date September 20th rather than the supposedly October 20th. Don't want get a panic attack because of incoming deadlines :lol:
Thanks, I'll PL this a bit later!
Also, I checked your claim date real quick and fixed it!
Currently volunteering for my senior project. Expecting to graduate with a BS in Information and Library Science, Dec. '21!
vmead

Post by vmead »

Great reading, Immanuel!

I just have two small PL notes.
  • In the intro to the recording where the script says Section Title after "...translated by Joseph Ward Swain" you'll want to say Book I, Chapter III, "II - Naturism" Section Title refers to the Title in the Magic Window next to the section that you are assigned.
  • At the end, after your last sentence from the text you want to say, "End of section 13" then leave the 5 seconds at the end.
Once you fix those two things and reupload you should be all set.
tac107

Post by tac107 »

Section 3 to start, please
If she's passin' back this way
I'm not that hard to find
Tell her she can look me up
If she's got the time

Tatiana
soegampars

Post by soegampars »

vmead wrote: October 26th, 2021, 11:47 pm Great reading, Immanuel!

• In the intro to the recording where the script says Section Title after "...translated by Joseph Ward Swain" you'll want to say Book I, Chapter III, "II - Naturism" Section Title refers to the Title in the Magic Window next to the section that you are assigned.
  • At the end, after your last sentence from the text you want to say, "End of section 13" then leave the 5 seconds at the end.
Thank you for the feedback, Veronica!

Here's the fixed one.

4:44
"Mithrandir, why the halfling?"
vmead

Post by vmead »

soegampars wrote: October 29th, 2021, 9:20 am
vmead wrote: October 26th, 2021, 11:47 pm Great reading, Immanuel!

Thank you for the feedback, Veronica!

Here's the fixed one.

4:44
Perfect! PL OK.
Owlivia

Post by Owlivia »

Owlivia wrote: October 22nd, 2021, 4:20 pm And, since there's not much competition yet, and the readings were so interesting,
Hopping up and down and waving. :wink: :mrgreen:
Owlivia/Deborah

🦉
erieston

Post by erieston »

I agree! I'll get you added into the MW for those sections :)
erieston

Post by erieston »

tac107 wrote: October 28th, 2021, 2:59 pm Section 3 to start, please
Sure! I'll get you added into the MW :)
tac107

Post by tac107 »

If she's passin' back this way
I'm not that hard to find
Tell her she can look me up
If she's got the time

Tatiana
vmead

Post by vmead »

Thanks!
Just two PL notes:

7:30 "...that rain fails at the time when it is expected..." I hear falls, the text reads fails, which changes the meaning.
8:39 It looks like mid-sentence you skip down a line. The text reads, "it is also necessary that these be conceived as impossible" you said, "it is also necessary that these be implied in the nature of things"