COMPLETE [ROMANCE] Inocencia: a story of the prairie regions of Brazil, by the Viscount of Taunay-Leni

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Piotrek81 wrote: September 22nd, 2021, 12:09 am
Kalamareader wrote: September 21st, 2021, 3:12 pm
Piotrek81 wrote: September 11th, 2021, 7:35 am Can I read the translator's preface and chapter 1?
Piotr,

This is my first opportunity to listen to a narration of yours. I enjoyed it very much.

There were a couple of things that you might look at:

2:38 and have been strongly interested by it. You said in. I hesitated on this one, but I think that it gives a subtle difference to the meaning of the sentence.

4:45 JAMES W. WELLS. You said H.

Also the volume was 86.5, kind of on the low side. So when you do Chapter 1, you may want to look at amplifying it some.

Thanks,

Wayne
Fixed and re-uploaded. I also amplified it a bit.. Check now. :) Also, the second spot was at 4:55, just so you don't search for it.
When you correct a recording, could you please also put the link in the forum so I can listen to it again as sometimes I see your post before the MC and this is the only place I can access your links.

Thanks,

Wayne
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

No problem, I can post it here, but doesn't the link to the old file get automatically replaced in MW?
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Piotrek81 wrote: September 22nd, 2021, 9:51 pm No problem, I can post it here, but doesn't the link to the old file get automatically replaced in MW?
No, the MC sees it in his/her file on the server then adds it into the MW, then notes to you and the DPL in the forum that it has been posted for PLing. But sometimes (often?) the DPLer will see your post here before the MC sees it and the DPLer can then post your reading in the MW, PL it and then let you know if it is PLOK or needs some correction, and then changes 'assigned' to PLOK or See PL notes.

I hope that made sense.

Wayne
Wayne
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Piotrek81 wrote: September 23rd, 2021, 4:54 am In that case

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/inocencia_00_taunay_128kb.mp3 duration stays the same.
Your corrections were absolutely seamless!! Section 00 is PLOK :thumbs:

Thanks,

Wayne
Wayne
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Kalamareader wrote: September 22nd, 2021, 10:50 pm
Piotrek81 wrote: September 22nd, 2021, 9:51 pm No problem, I can post it here, but doesn't the link to the old file get automatically replaced in MW?
No, the MC sees it in his/her file on the server then adds it into the MW, then notes to you and the DPL in the forum that it has been posted for PLing. But sometimes (often?) the DPLer will see your post here before the MC sees it and the DPLer can then post your reading in the MW, PL it and then let you know if it is PLOK or needs some correction, and then changes 'assigned' to PLOK or See PL notes.

I hope that made sense.

Wayne
Just for future reference, the process works like this. Once the reader uploads a file for the first time and posts in the thread, the MC copies the link and adds it to the window, with the length informed by the reader. Then the PLer checks and, if there are corrections needed, the second time the reader uploads the file with the same name it does automatically replace the old one. So if I have a file in my folder named ABC.mp3 and someone else uploads to my folder a file named ABC.mp3, this last upload will retain the name, and the old one will be renamed as ABC20210923.mp3, or something like that, registering the date when the file was substituted. So, that means that, once a corrected file has been uploaded, even if the MC hasn't logged in, the PLer can simply listen to the same link in the window. All I do when a corrected file is uploaded is change the status in the window from PL notes to Ready for spot-PL. I don't change the link at all. :)
Leni
=================
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Thanks,

From the limited knowledge I had, I obviously arrived at the wrong conclusion. So he was right. :oops:

Now I know better.

Wayne
Wayne
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

There are plenty of details to know around here, Wayne. No one knows everything (except probably, Jo, Anne, Tricia...) :lol:
Leni
=================
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Here comes chapter 1 duration 22:29

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/inocencia_01_taunay_128kb.mp3

That was not exactly an easy style to follow.
I read most of the notes sticking them either immediately after the end of the sentence or at the end of the thought they referred to. I skipped, for example, the bird-related notes, as it's pretty obvious from the context that it's some sort of a flying bicho :mrgreen: Incidentally, that word is also used in Spanish. I remember it from school. Plus, my Mexican ukulele teacher recently used it while squashing a mosquito :mrgreen:
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Thanks much, Piotr!
Leni
=================
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Let me try my hand at chapter 2 :)
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Piotrek81 wrote: September 25th, 2021, 9:28 am Let me try my hand at chapter 2 :)
Sure! Thanks! :D
Leni
=================
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Hi,

I am sorry, but it will be Tuesday before I can get to Chapter 1 to PL.

Wayne
Wayne
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Piotrek81 wrote: September 25th, 2021, 5:12 am Here comes chapter 1 duration 22:29

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/inocencia_01_taunay_128kb.mp3

That was not exactly an easy style to follow.
I read most of the notes sticking them either immediately after the end of the sentence or at the end of the thought they referred to. I skipped, for example, the bird-related notes, as it's pretty obvious from the context that it's some sort of a flying bicho :mrgreen: Incidentally, that word is also used in Spanish. I remember it from school. Plus, my Mexican ukulele teacher recently used it while squashing a mosquito :mrgreen:
Another great reading. I think the way you handled the 'notes' was just great.

There were a few minor things you might look at:

3:07 But, from one side or other of the road You said ground

7:34.5 one night only is sufficient to spread over all a lovely carpet of bright light green. I heard yellow

8:54.5 or, flying close to the ground, You said closer. Not much change, your call.

12:07.5 which terminate in fan-like flexible leaves. You forgot the word which

And just a note, not work fixing at all, but the word amiable is pronounced a-me-uh-bull with the accent on the first syllable. If it just your accent, please excuse and ignore the above comment. :oops:

I am looking forward to Chapter 2.

Wayne
Wayne
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

I completely forgot about this one :oops:

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/inocencia_01_taunay_128kb.mp3 duration stays the same