[COMPLETE] Consuelo by George Sand - icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

knotyouraveragejo wrote: September 21st, 2021, 10:45 pm Section 3 edit made.

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/consuelo_03_sand_128kb.mp3
10:29
PL OK! Thank you!
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
Ryanwill4

Post by Ryanwill4 »

I would like to voice chapter 2
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Ryanwill4 wrote: September 25th, 2021, 5:15 pm I would like to voice chapter 2
Sure thing! Thank you for claiming!
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
PohlJudit

Post by PohlJudit »

Hi everyone! I'm total new here and I would like to claim Chapter 4. :) Is it still open?
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

PohlJudit wrote: September 26th, 2021, 9:21 am Hi everyone! I'm total new here and I would like to claim Chapter 4. :) Is it still open?
Hello, welcome to LV! :) Yes, chapter 4 is still open, and you're welcome to it! I've signed you up. Before you start recording, I'd strongly recommend completing a 1-minute test. It's not an audition, it's just to make sure that your recording software is set up according to LV specifications and to check for sound problems.

I'd also recommend starting off by recording something a little shorter so that you get the hang of the recording and editing process before taking on a longer chapter. Feel free to claim one of the shorter chapters of Consuelo, such as 9, if they interest you! You'll have two months to submit chapter 4, so that should give you plenty of time to complete a shorter section first as well as this one.

Could you let me know what name you'd like to be listed under in the catalog?

Please don't hesitate to ask if you have questions about anything!

Sarah
BrizeCrize

Post by BrizeCrize »

This seems pretty enjoyable - can I try chapter five please?
Thanks,
Brize Crize
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

BrizeCrize wrote: September 27th, 2021, 5:58 am This seems pretty enjoyable - can I try chapter five please?
Thanks,
Brize Crize
It's a wild ride! Chapter 5 is all yours. Thank you for claiming!

Sarah
Ryanwill4

Post by Ryanwill4 »

Scarbo wrote: September 25th, 2021, 5:27 pm
Ryanwill4 wrote: September 25th, 2021, 5:15 pm I would like to voice chapter 2
Sure thing! Thank you for claiming!
Here is chapter 2
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/consuelo_002_sand_128_kb.mp3
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Ryanwill4 wrote: September 29th, 2021, 7:54 pm Here is chapter 2
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/consuelo_002_sand_128_kb.mp3
Thank you for chapter 2! It sounds great. I have a few notes, but most of these are just repeats of lines that can easily be trimmed out:

- At 1:52, there's a repeat of "For this reason" (p. 5)
- At 3:29, there's a repeat of "If I had invented the character of Consuelo" (p. 6)
- At 3:58, there's a repeat of "She had none of the feverish petulance" (p. 6)
- Optional note: at 4:20, "water of the lagunes" (p. 6), "lagunes" seems to be an archaic spelling of "lagoons." I think that pronouncing it "lagoons" will help the meaning be clear for listeners, but I'll leave it up to you as to whether to redo it.
- At 6:27, "ingenuous," you say "ingenious" (p. 6-7)
- At 17:16, there's a repeat of "Anzoleto drew his naked legs out of the water" (p. 10)
- At 21:18, there's a repeat of "'What do you think of that little girl?'" (p. 12)

Sarah
PohlJudit

Post by PohlJudit »

Scarbo wrote: September 26th, 2021, 12:42 pm
PohlJudit wrote: September 26th, 2021, 9:21 am Hi everyone! I'm total new here and I would like to claim Chapter 4. :) Is it still open?
Hello, welcome to LV! :) Yes, chapter 4 is still open, and you're welcome to it! I've signed you up. Before you start recording, I'd strongly recommend completing a 1-minute test. It's not an audition, it's just to make sure that your recording software is set up according to LV specifications and to check for sound problems.

I'd also recommend starting off by recording something a little shorter so that you get the hang of the recording and editing process before taking on a longer chapter. Feel free to claim one of the shorter chapters of Consuelo, such as 9, if they interest you! You'll have two months to submit chapter 4, so that should give you plenty of time to complete a shorter section first as well as this one.

Thank you for all the advices! I'll do the 1 minute test, and I will consider to do Chapter 9 beforehand. :) My name: Judit Pohl
BrizeCrize

Post by BrizeCrize »

Name Help! As an Anglo, I tend to be intimidated by some of the Romance language pronunciations, and I think this may be a main character: Corilla. Rhymes with gorilla, right? Not a whole lot on the web, except a unconvincing sounding Anglophone saying KOR-ill-ah and an Italian who seemed quite confident with kor-REEL-ah. I want to start out right if any other readers have strong convictions on this name, otherwise will go with the gorilla sound. Thanks.
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

PohlJudit wrote: September 30th, 2021, 11:47 pm
Scarbo wrote: September 26th, 2021, 12:42 pm

Thank you for all the advices! I'll do the 1 minute test, and I will consider to do Chapter 9 beforehand. :) My name: Judit Pohl
Great, I've signed you up for chapter 9! Thank you!

Sarah
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

BrizeCrize wrote: October 1st, 2021, 7:22 am Name Help! As an Anglo, I tend to be intimidated by some of the Romance language pronunciations, and I think this may be a main character: Corilla. Rhymes with gorilla, right? Not a whole lot on the web, except a unconvincing sounding Anglophone saying KOR-ill-ah and an Italian who seemed quite confident with kor-REEL-ah. I want to start out right if any other readers have strong convictions on this name, otherwise will go with the gorilla sound. Thanks.
My two cents: I heard it in my head as rhyming with "gorilla" while I was reading. I think both that and "Kor-REEL-ah" would be fine. If one reader pronounces it the first way and another pronounces it the other way, listeners will still be able to tell that they're the same character. Thanks for asking!

Sarah
Roselbex

Post by Roselbex »

may I claim Ch 6, thank you. How exciting , another George Sand!
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Roselbex wrote: October 2nd, 2021, 12:01 pm may I claim Ch 6, thank you. How exciting , another George Sand!
Sure thing, thank you for claiming! Yes, I had so much fun reading this book, I just had to BC it!

Sarah