COMPLETE: Love's Coming-of-Age: A Series of Papers on the Relations of the Sexes by Edward Carpenter -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

docdlmartin wrote: September 10th, 2021, 1:16 pm may I claim chapter 13 (appendix)?
Certainly you may! Thank you for claiming!
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
Ariellerush

Post by Ariellerush »

okay thank you!! ill work on this next week or so. I figured I had plenty of room for improvement
ComfortKC

Post by ComfortKC »

Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

ComfortKC wrote: September 16th, 2021, 1:56 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/lovescomingofage_08_carpenter_128kb.mp3 12:41

Section 8 ready for review. Thanks.

Kevin
Thank you for section 8! It sounds great. I have a few notes:

- At 0:47, "changeless law and infinitude," you say "changeless law and infantude."
- At 4:11, after "constellation's reappearance," could you include the footnote "These dates have shifted now by two or three weeks owing to the equinoctial precession."?
- At 5:48, after "is purported," could you include the footnote "The date of his birth was not fixed till A. D. 531—when it was computed by a monkish astrologer."?
- At 8:23, after "savage glee," could you include the footnote "Note especially the ordeals through which the youth of so many savage races have had to pass before being admitted to manhood."?
- At 8:27, "world-spiting puritans," you say "world-spitting puritans."
- At 8:43, "that it is a basic thing," you say "that is a basic thing."
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
docdlmartin

Post by docdlmartin »

Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Thank you for section 13! I seem to have run into a problem downloading it. Could you try uploading it again when you have a chance, and could you change the filename to lovescomingofage_13_carpenter_128kb?

Sarah
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

H Scarbo,

I've corrected the filename of section 13 on the server. You should be able to download it from the link in the MW.
Jo
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Thank you, Jo! I'm still getting the "Server execution failed" message that I was seeing earlier. It could be a technical issue on my side, so I'll try again later and see if it's cleared up.

Sarah
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

...I just figured out that the media player that I usually use isn't working for some reason, but if I switch to a different one, the file works fine. Sorry for not realizing that sooner! :lol:

Sarah
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

I wanted to let you know that I'm able to listen to the file now, and the MC changed the filename, so you don't have to worry about that. I'll probably be able to finish listening and let you know the PL status by tomorrow. Thanks again, and sorry for any confusion!

Sarah
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Thanks again for section 13! It sounds great. I have just one note: at 10:54, "nerve-centers preponderate," it seems that the N in "nerve-centers" has been cut off a bit.

You might already know this, but I did want to mention just in case that, if you get a note on a recording, it doesn't mean you have to record the whole thing over again! :) Here's a short tutorial on replacing words that you may find helpful. And feel free to ask me if you have any questions!

Sarah
ComfortKC

Post by ComfortKC »

Scarbo wrote: September 16th, 2021, 4:46 pm
ComfortKC wrote: September 16th, 2021, 1:56 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/lovescomingofage_08_carpenter_128kb.mp3 12:41

Section 8 ready for review. Thanks.

Kevin
Thank you for section 8! It sounds great. I have a few notes:

- At 0:47, "changeless law and infinitude," you say "changeless law and infantude."
- At 4:11, after "constellation's reappearance," could you include the footnote "These dates have shifted now by two or three weeks owing to the equinoctial precession."?
- At 5:48, after "is purported," could you include the footnote "The date of his birth was not fixed till A. D. 531—when it was computed by a monkish astrologer."?
- At 8:23, after "savage glee," could you include the footnote "Note especially the ordeals through which the youth of so many savage races have had to pass before being admitted to manhood."?
- At 8:27, "world-spiting puritans," you say "world-spitting puritans."
- At 8:43, "that it is a basic thing," you say "that is a basic thing."

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/lovescomingofage_08_carpenter_128kb.mp3 13:13

I have made the suggested changes. Thanks.
SuesUK

Post by SuesUK »

Hi,

Can I claim section 9 please?
(Notes: On the Primitive Group-Marriage)

Sue.
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

ComfortKC wrote: September 21st, 2021, 10:59 am https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/lovescomingofage_08_carpenter_128kb.mp3 13:13

I have made the suggested changes. Thanks.
PL OK! Thank you!

Sarah
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

SuesUK wrote: September 21st, 2021, 2:22 pm Hi,

Can I claim section 9 please?
(Notes: On the Primitive Group-Marriage)

Sue.
Certainly! Thank you for claiming!

Sarah