[Complete] Billy Whiskers: The Autobiography of a Goat, by Frances Trego Montgomery - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

TommyMer wrote: July 25th, 2021, 12:05 pm I'd enjoy reading, Chapters 12, 13, 14, and 15. Thanks, Tom Merritt
I've put you in for these.
Thank you!
~ Larry
NOTE: Traveling without internet until March 17
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

lordy wrote: July 25th, 2021, 12:34 am apologies for the error

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/billywhiskersautobiography_06_montgomery_128kb.mp3

Regards Alan
No problem at all. Chapter 6 PLOK :thumbs:

Wayne
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

taliarose8 wrote: July 24th, 2021, 7:59 pm Here is Billy Whiskers chapter 02: Billy Whiskers Makes Trouble.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/billywhiskersautobiography_02_montgomery_128kb.mp3

Duration 6m30sec

Thank you,
Talia
Talia,

First of all, what a charming name. :D Secondly, what a charming reading. I love the way you read it, nice voice and great interpretation. There are a few things we can look at, though:

At the very beginning, could you please cut the beginning silence down to .5-1 second?

:27 At the beginning there is a very loud noise. It would be best if you re-recorded that first part.

2:00. If you could cut out the long blank space, it would help a lot with the flow of the story.

3:18 the marble-top table the basket was setting on This probably should be re-recorded. You kind of stumbled here.

3:22.5 and out rolled all the luscious looking fruit. You said luxurious

4:04 but the door at the end of the hall You added the word other between the and end

4:08.25 which helped him to fall off You said over

6:10.5 and that was the last that was heard of him. You said: and that was the last thing that they heard of him;

6:15 A long pause here that could be shortened.

One other thing. The volume, at 86.3, is at the low end of the 86-92 range for LV. Since you are going to have to be in this already, maybe you can increase the volume some by using Amplify in Audacity.

Thanks again,

Wayne

All in all, for a second reading, it was very well done. I am looking forward to listening to this corrected one, and many more. Thank you.
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
AleeseeyaVO

Post by AleeseeyaVO »

First time for me! So excited!! Can I take chapter 16 please?
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

AleeseeyaVO wrote: July 27th, 2021, 5:12 pm First time for me! So excited!! Can I take chapter 16 please?
Thank you for your interest in this project.

We do, however, request that our new readers first complete a one-minute test recording to check out all of your technical specifications and any reading issues.

New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!

Among the useful information there you will find instructions for completing your test recording. Once you have the "OK" on that, post again here and you are free to record for this project. Let us know how you would like to be credited in the LibriVox catalog - real name, pseudonym or other nickname.

There is a lot to learn here, so it is important to read all instructions from you introductory message, the the various guides and the instructions at the beginning of each project thread. We want you to get off to the best start possible.

Hoping to hear from you soon.
~ Larry
Brant

Post by Brant »

May I claim Chapter 17 - What Billy Did on Friday?

Let me know... thanks!

Brant
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Brant wrote: July 28th, 2021, 10:57 am May I claim Chapter 17 - What Billy Did on Friday?

Let me know... thanks!

Brant
You're in!
Thank you.
~ Larry
TommyMer

Post by TommyMer »

comleted:

billywhiskersautobiography_12_montgomery_128kb.mp3
billywhiskersautobiography_11_montgomery_128kb.mp3
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Well, thank you!

Before I mark these Ready for PL, I'll ask you to make some corrections to both of these files.

First, there are errors in both file names. Section 11 has an uppercase letter, and LV will accept only lower case
Then in Section 12 there is a stray underscore after 128kb

It is best just to copy and paste the file name from the instruction and just substitute the section numbers for the hashtags.

Also, in Section 11 the opening silence is a tad long (no more than one second) and at the end it is way longer than the 5 seconds needed.

MOST IMPORTANT: The bit rate for both files is incorrect. Even though you've labeled theses 128kb they are actually -126 kbps variable. If you are in Audacity, when you export the files, look for the menu for Quality and select 128 kbps

Please upload these corrected files, along with the file length as mm:ss and I'll mark them Ready for PL and we'll have a full report for you in due course.

Thanks for your contributions~
~ Larry
TommyMer

Post by TommyMer »

TommyMer

Post by TommyMer »

I'll attend to those corrections. Thank you.

The bit rate correction isn't possible, however.

I update my version of Audacity whenever one is offered. I believe I have the latest. The options offered are: Preset, Standard,170-210 kbps, Variable, 170-210, and Average, 128. Constant is not a choice.

Perhaps I should wait on a reply on this before I make corrections, in case you are not able to accept my recordings. Could the problem be that I use a Mac??

Sorry for the added trouble. Tom
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

TommyMer wrote: July 30th, 2021, 9:18 am I'll attend to those corrections. Thank you.

The bit rate correction isn't possible, however.

I update my version of Audacity whenever one is offered. I believe I have the latest. The options offered are: Preset, Standard,170-210 kbps, Variable, 170-210, and Average, 128. Constant is not a choice.

Perhaps I should wait on a reply on this before I make corrections, in case you are not able to accept my recordings. Could the problem be that I use a Mac??

Sorry for the added trouble. Tom
I should be able to fix this at cataloguing
TommyMer

Post by TommyMer »

Thanks for being able to fix it, but I'm concerned about future submissions. Anything I can do to correct this? Is this a problem other readers are having?
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

TommyMer wrote: July 30th, 2021, 10:04 am Thanks for being able to fix it, but I'm concerned about future submissions. Anything I can do to correct this? Is this a problem other readers are having?
I've not come across that issue, but we often find readers with the latest edition of Audacity show as 129, which gets flagged as an error but works just fine.